La Bazoque, Calvados
The Church of Saint Martin
|Intercommunality||CC Isigny-Omaha Intercom|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Gilbert Lebougeois|
|10.14 km2 (3.92 sq mi)|
|• Density||18/km2 (47/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||57–142 m (187–466 ft) |
(avg. 150 m or 490 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Bazocains or Bazocaines.
La Bazoque is located some 13 km east by north-east of Saint-Lô and 20 km south-west of Bayeux. The southern tip of the commune is the departmental border with Manche. Access to the commune is by the D229 from Litteau in the west which passes through the commune and the village and continues west to join the D28 south of Balleroy. The D122B from Litteau passes through the south of the commune and goes east then south towards Montrabot. The D122 road forms the whole western border of the commune. Apart from the village there are the hamlets of La Nellerie, Le Mesnil, La Londe, and Promenant. The commune is entirely farmland.
The Drôme river forms the eastern border of the commune as it flows north to join the Aure just north of Maisons. Several streams, including the Ruisseau de la Bindoure, flow through the commune and join the Drome.
|1995||2020||Gilbert Le Bourgeois|
(Not all data is known)
In 2017 the commune had 183 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger communes that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Population Over Time
Sites and monuments
- The Trou du Diable: an old slate quarry
- The Circuit of Shale
- The Essarts Mill
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002, the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually and the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- La Bazoque on Lion1906
- Inhabitants of Calvados (in French)
- La Bazoque on Google Maps
- La Bazoque on the Géoportail from National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- La Bazoque on the 1750 Cassini Map
- La Bazoque on the 1790 Cassini Map
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La Bazoque (Calvados).|