|Also known as||'Constantino Quijano'|
|Created by||Pedro Ortiz De Pinedo|
|Directed by||Sergio Adrián Sánchez "El Venado" Dorantes|
|Creative director(s)||Leo Ricciardi|
|Theme music composer||Giorgio Torelli|
|Opening theme||"La CQ", performed by The series characters|
|Country of origin||Mexico
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||100 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22–23 minutes|
|Original network||Cartoon Network (Latin America)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Audio format||Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1|
|First shown in||2006 (Pilot)|
|Original release||Latin America: August 6, 2012 – March 1, 2014
U.S.: September 21, 2012 – present
|Related shows||Una familia de diez|
La CQ is a Mexican/Venezuelan television series created by Pedro Ortíz de Pinedo (who also made Una familia de diez, directed by Sergio Adrián Sánchez "El Venado", and acted by his father Jorge Ortiz de Pinedo). Recorded at RCTV Studios in Caracas, it is a co-production between Televisa and Cartoon Network Latin America, making it also the first local original live-action series. The show achieved high audiences, and its original broadcasting time was 11:00 AM, 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM; currently is broadcast Monday through Friday on Cartoon Network in Latin America, and on Canal 5 in Mexico at 5:30 PM.
The series first premiered on August 6, 2012, and then returned with the Season 2 on December 6, 2012. As of September 2013, it has started broadcasting on UniMás' Saturday and Sunday mornings in the U.S.
La CQ tells the story of 8 friends at the middle school Constantino Quijano. The friends: Angel, Clara, Beto, Monche, Jenny, Danny, Adri, and Roque often go through funny conflicts causing great stories, misunderstandings, but more importantly always showing the value of friendship and being a team.
- Ángel del Río (played by Emiliano Flores): Ángel is Adri's older brother, and is usually not the smartest of the fraternity. He is the captain of La CQ's soccer team and dreams of one day being a professional player. He is friendly and considered very handsome by the girls of La CQ. He is Clara's boyfriend.
- Clara Licona (played by Alejandra "Ale" Müller): Ángel's girlfriend (who which are secretly dating at the end of Season 1), and Adri's best friend. She is the new student at La CQ. She is pretty but sometimes considered a little cheesy, especially when it comes to talking about Ángel. Her biggest enemy is Jenny, and is the most "normal" out of the gang.
- Roberto "Beto" Bautista (played by Benny Emmanuel): Beto is the smartest not only of the group but the whole school, although he is not considered very handsome. He is best friends with Ángel and Monche, and has a crush on Danny.
- Ramón “Monche” Barragán (played by Harold Azuara): Monche is the most naive and comedian of the group. He often tells nonsensical jokes or says silly comments., and sometimes spies on the cheerleaders or sneaks into the girls' restroom.
- Maria Juana "Jenny" Pinto del Rostro (played by Fernanda Urdapilleta): Jenny is the captain of the school's cheerleaders and is very mean. She is the daughter of La CQ's principal, and has a cousin named Danny (who she's always bossing around). She has a crush on Ángel, but he doesn't like her back, making her share a rivalry with Clara and Adri. She is considered the most girly and likes to be the center of attention. Even though she is a mean girl, the rest consider her a friend of the crew. Her biggest secret is her love for tacos which only Danny knows.
- Daniela "Danny" Pinto del Rostro (played by Ferny Graciano): Danny is the other nitwit of the gang. She is pretty naive, distracted, and doesn't catch on very fast. She has a crush on Beto and carries a doll named "Clementina". She is Jenny's cousin and is always following her orders. She is the niece of La CQ's principal and a very good friend of the crew.
- Adriana"Adri" del Río (played by Josselyn Zuckerman): Adri is Ángel's younger sister, Clara's best friend and, most of the time, the group's voice of reason. She hates being feminine and is more of a tomboy, something Jenny always makes fun of. She doesn't like when Roque picks on her friends and always stands up to him, but secretly she has feelings for him and is only trying to change his ways.
- "Roque" Villalón Pérez (played by Luis Fernando Ceballos): Roque is the school's bully always picking on smaller children, but mostly Monche and Beto. Jenny, being the principal's daughter, always uses him to get what she wants. He's friends with the Del Rio siblings (more of a frenemy in Ángel's case) even when the rest of the group dislikes him for his attitude. He always shows his true self whenever he's alone with Adri, proving he's a very sensible and kind person.
|2013||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico||Favourite TV Series||None||Won|
|Favourite Actor in a Supporting Role||Harold Azuara||Won|
|Favourite actress||Ale Müller||Won|
|Favourite Actress in a Supporting Role||Anna Fernanda Urdapilleta||Won|
|Favourite Villain||Luis Fernando Ceballos||Nominated|
|2014||Premios TVyNovelas||Best Unit Program||La CQ||Nominated|
The characters in La CQ were in commercial campaigns for Cartoon Network's: "Enough of Bullying", were also used to Cartoon Network Latin America bumpers to mark commercial spaces, and to start series, these bumpers were removed from the air in October 2012. After all, both Cartoon Network and Televisa received soon negative criticisms, especially from the first one's fans.
- "La CQ primera serie en Co-Producción entre Televisa y Cartoon Network".
- "Anuncian nominados a los Kids' Choice Awards México 2013" (in Spanish). Entretenimiento Terra. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Marie Palma F. "Lista de ganadores de los premios Kids Choice Awards México 2013" (in Spanish). StarMedia. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "La CQ nominada como "Mejor Programa unitario"" (in Spanish). Retrieved June 5, 2014.