|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014)|
|Also known as||La Constantine Quick|
|Created by||Pedro Ortiz De Pinedo|
|Directed by||Sergio Adrián Sánchez "El Venado" Dorantes|
|Creative director(s)||Leo Ricciardi|
|Theme music composer||Giorgio Torelli|
|Opening theme||"La CQ", performed by Ale Müller and Ferny Graciano|
|Country of origin||Mexico
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||100 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22–23 minutes|
|Original network||Cartoon Network (Latin America)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Audio format||Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1|
|First shown in||2006 (Pilot)|
|Original release||Latin America: August 6, 2012 – August 1, 2014
U.S.: September 21, 2012 – present
|Related shows||Una familia de diez|
La CQ is a Mexican/Venezuelan television series created by Pedro Ortíz de Pinedo (who also made Una familia de diez), directed by Sergio Adrián Sánchez "El Venado", and acted by her father Jorge Ortiz de Pinedo. Recorded at RCTV Studios in Caracas, it is a co-production between Televisa and Cartoon Network Latin America, making it also the first local original live-action series. The show achieved high audiences, and its original broadcasting time was 11:00 AM, 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM; currently is broadcast Monday through Friday on Cartoon Network in Latin America, and on Canal 5 in Mexico at 5:30 PM.
The series first premiered on August 6, 2012, and then returned with the Season 2 on December 6, 2012. As of September 2013, it has started broadcasting on UniMás' Saturday mornings in the U.S.
La CQ chronicles the adventures of 8 students at Middle School Constantino Quijano that, adventures and antics will make you laugh out loud to children and adults. There are eight different personalities living together in one crazy fun universe called "La CQ": Team captain, the new girl, smart, humorous, different, the villain, the villain's assistant, the avusivo, which cause funny conflicts, great stories, but more importantly show the value of friendship and always be a team.
- Ángel del Río (played by Emiliano Flores): Ángel is Adri's older brother, and is usually not the smartest of the fraternity. He is the captain of the CQ's soccer team and dreams of one day being a professional player. He is friendly and considered very handsome by the girls of La CQ despite this he thinks Clara is his one true love.
- Clara Licona (played by Alejandra "Ale" Müller): Clara is Ángel's girlfriend (who which are secretly dating at the end of Season 1), and Adri's best friend. She is the new student of CQ, pretty but sometimes considered a little cheesy especially when it comes talking about Ángel. Her archenemy is Jenny, and is the most "normal" out of the gang.
- Roberto Bautista "Beto" (played by Benny Emmanuel): Beto is the smartest not only of the group but the whole school, but despite this he is not consired very handsome. He is best friends with Ángel and Monche, and has a crush on Danny.
- Ramón Barragán “Monche” (played by Harold Azuara): Monche is the most naive and comedian of the group. He often tells nonsensical jokes or says dumb comments., and sometimes spies on the cheerleaders or sneaks into the girls' restroom.
- Maria Juana "Jenny" Pinto del Rostro (played by Fernanda Urdapilleta): Jenny is one of the school's cheerleader and is very mean. She is the daughter of the CQ's principal, and has a cousin named Danny (which is considered her sidekick). She has a crush on Ángel, but Ángel doesn't like her back, and shares a rivalry with Clara and Adri. She is considered the most girly and likes to be the center of attention. Even though it is a mean girl, she is a friend of the crew.
- Daniela "Danny" Pinto del rostro (played by Fernanda Ferny Graciano): Danny is the other nimwitt of the gang. She is pretty naive, distracted, and doesn't catch on very fast. She has a crush on Beto and carries a doll named "Clementine". Jenny is her cousin and sidekick, but is also the niece of the CQ's principal. She is a very good friend of the crew.
- Adriana"Adri" del Río (played by Joselyn Zuckerman): Adri is Ángel's younger sister, clara's best friend and (most of the time) the group's voice of reason. She hates being feminine and is more of a tomboy. Something Jenny always makes fun of, she doesn't like when Roque picks on her friends and always stands up to him, but secreatly she has feelings for him and is only trying to change his ways.
- "Roque" Villalón Pérez (played by Luis Fernando Ceballos): Roque is a bully. He loves to bully students but mostly Monche and Beto. Jenny being the principal's daughter always uses him to get what she wants. He's friends with the Del Rio siblings (more of a frenemy in Ángel's case) even when the rest of the group dislikes him for his attitude he shows his true self whenever he's alone with Adri, proving he's a very sensitible and kind person.
|2013||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico||Favourite TV Series||None||Won|
|Favorite Actor in a Supporting Role||Harold Azuara||Won|
|Favourite actress||Ale Müller||Won|
|Favorite Actress in a Supporting Role||Anna Fernanda Urdapilleta||Won|
|Favourite Villain||Luis Fernando Ceballos||Nominated|
|2014||Premios TVyNovelas||Best Unit Program||None||Nominated|
The characters in La CQ were in commercial campaigns for Cartoon Network's: "Enough of Bullying", were also used to Cartoon Network Latin America bumpers to mark commercial spaces, and to start series, these bumpers were removed from the air in October 2012.
- "La CQ primera serie en Co-Producción entre Televisa y Cartoon Network".
- "Anuncian nominados a los Kids' Choice Awards México 2013" (in Spanish). Entretenimiento Terra. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Marie Palma F. "Lista de ganadores de los premios Kids Choice Awards México 2013" (in Spanish). StarMedia. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "La CQ nominada como "Mejor Programa unitario"" (in Spanish). Retrieved June 5, 2014.