La Casa Azul
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|La Casa Azul|
Guille Milkyway at a performance.
|Years active||1997 - present|
|Labels||Elefant Records (Spain)
Happy Robot (South Korea)
|Associated acts||Cola Jet Set, Papa Topo|
La Casa Azul (English: The Blue House) is a Spanish indie pop band that combines many of the qualities of 1960s American pop bands like the Beach Boys and 1970s European disco-pop acts like ABBA with clean, clear production reminiscent of Shibuya-kei. This distinctive sound was created by singer and producer Guille Milkyway, who also writes the band's songs. La Casa Azul release their records on the indie-pop label Elefant.
The band virtually consists of five members (David, Virginia, Oscar, Clara and Sergio) who appear in the band's distinctive, retro music videos, though notably do not perform live; instead, Milkyway sings and plays the songs solo at concerts. Milkyway is in fact the sole performer on the records and uses the band "members" (who do not give interviews and whose last names have never been disclosed) in order to project an image. In 2007 when the video of their newest single "La revolución sexual" was released, it was announced that the five members (sometimes called androids) were going to be relegated to some dancing sequences while Milkyway took lead of the band.
Eurovision Song Contest 2008 bid
In 2008, La Casa Azul bid to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 with the song "La revolución sexual". La Casa Azul got a spot into the final of the Spanish selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest 2008, which would take place in Belgrade on May 24. MySpace altogether with the Spanish Broadcasting Television TVE run a preselection event called Salvemos Eurovisión. More than 530 songs were submitted in which the Internet votes chose five of them and a professional judge the other five finalists. Irregularity was claimed on the Internet vote, in which "La revolución sexual" placed second. La Casa Azul finished third overall in the final.
- "Como un fan" CD (Elefant, 2005).
- El sonido efervescente de la casa azul EP 10"/CD (Elefant, 2000)
- Milkyway CD (Elefant, 2002)
- Tan simple como el amor LP 12"/CD (Elefant, 2003)
- El sonido efervescente de la casa azul (expanded release) CD (Elefant, 2006)
- La revolución sexual LP 12"/CD (Elefant, 2007)
- La nueva Yma Sumac (lo que nos dejó la revolución) CD (Elefant, 2009)
- La Polinesia Meridional CD (Elefant, 2011)
- "Superguay" (Domingo González, 2004)
- "Como un fan" (Domingo González, 2005)
- "El sol no brilará nunca más" (Domingo González, 2006)
- "La revolución sexual" (Domingo González, 2007)
- "Esta noche solo cantan para mí" (Domingo González, 2008)
- "La nueva Yma Sumac" (Duprez, 2009)
- "Todas tus amigas" (Nadia Mata Portillo, 2010)
- "La Polinesia Meridional" (Jean-Marie Marbach, 2012)
- "La Fiesta Universal" (Jean-Marie Marbach, 2012)
|This article about a Spanish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|