The House Next Door (telenovela)
|La Casa de al Lado|
Nothing is what it seems
|Genre||Thriller, Action, Mystery, Crime, Suspense|
|Created by||Original Story and Adaptation
José Ignacio Valenzuela
|Developed by||Telemundo Studios, Miami|
|Directed by||Luis Manzo
|Theme music composer||Tulio Crenisini|
|Ending theme||Suspense theme|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||165|
|Executive producer(s)||Aurelio Valcárcel Carrol
|Running time||41-44 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||May 31, 2011 – January 23, 2012|
|Preceded by||La Reina del Sur|
|Followed by||Relaciones peligrosas|
|Related shows||La Familia de al Lado|
La Casa de al Lado (The House Next Door) is a Spanish-language telenovela produced by the United States-based television network Telemundo. This mystery is a remake of the Chilean telenovela La familia de al lado produced by TVN in 2010-2011 and is being adapted by the author of the original, José Ignacio Valenzuela making a story longer with many differences from the original.
Filming began in April 2011 and was completed in December 2011. From May 31, 2011 to January 23, 2012, Telemundo aired the serial on weeknights at 9pm/8c during the 2011-2012 season The version broadcast by Telemundo at 10pm contained an above average level of violence. As with most of its other telenovelas, the network broadcasts English subtitles as closed captions on CC3.
The Condes, a wealthy and influential family, appear to have it all: money, power, and a close, beautiful family. They were recently rocked by a tragedy when Adolfo (David Chocarro), husband of the eldest daughter Ignacia (Catherine Siachoque) died by falling out a window in the family mansion. The other 2 brothers are Carola Conde (Ximena Duque) and Emilio Conde (Gabriel Valenzuela). Meanwhile, Adolfo's twin, Leonardo, continues to live in the mansion, confined to a wheel chair. When Gonzalo Ibañez (Gabriel Porras) marries Ignacia 6 months later, he is compelled to unravel the mystery of what happened to Adolfo. Mysterious events begin to envelop the Conde family suggesting that Adolfo is alive and well.
Next door live Pilar Arismendi (Maritza Rodríguez) and her husband, Javier Ruiz (Miguel Varoni), with their two children. Behind the gloss of success and family felicity lurks a dark reality and secrets that threaten to devastate both the Ruiz and Conde families. Javier is a highly regarded and influential attorney, who, for years, is employed by the Condes. Javier's privileged position becomes threatened by Gonzalo, who is appointed Javier's business associate by his powerful father-in-law, Renato Conde (Daniel Lugo). Javier will do anything to protect to what he believes he is entitled. Romantic intrigue develops between the neighbors and further confounds the mysteries, the tension, the dangers, and the suspense that loom large in the novela. Pilar has a sister called Rebeca Arismendi (Karla Monroig).
It is revealed that Ignacia, Carola, and Emilio are not biological siblings, as their parents could not have children, and so they were adopted. Emilio gets married to Hilda (Sofia Lama) but they divorce after she gives birth to a child with problems[clarification needed] and she soon starts to have problems herself. Emilio starts working as gigolo.
Gonzalo/Inaki Mora, Adolfo/Ismael Mora and Leonardo/Ivan Mora turn out to be brothers, being Mabel and Igor's sons. They want to take revenge on the Condes' so they had thrown Ivan out of the window and Adolfo took his place. They murdered several persons who found out their true agenda. The first person to whom is revealed that Gonzalo is a criminal is Matias (Jorge Luis Pila), Rebeca's fiancee. Gonzalo shoots him, Adolfo being present.
Pilar falls in love with Gonzalo and divorces Javier. Gonzalo kidnaps Rebeca after she had found out that Adolfo/Inaki and him are murderers. Adolfo/Ismael discovers her, she manages to escape but he follows her by car and causes her an accident. She remains paralyzed, mute.
Pilar's twin sister, Raquel Arismendi (Maritza Rodriguez) also wants to get revenge and pour out her wrath on the two families, Ruiz and Conde. She wants to destroy Pilar because she had a better life. Cecilia gave her for adoption because she coul not raise both of them. Raquel had a bad life, was abused by her stepfather, killed him, ended up in prison. She is the author of "La Casa de al Lado" and "Condenados"; in "Condenados" she announces the next murders. She poisons Sebastian. She shoots Ignacia and kills her. She helped Renato Conde to commit suicide. She has a brief fling with Ismael.
In the series finale, Raquel is accidentally stabbed by Pilar. Ismael is burned to death by Carola. Gonzalo is arrested.
- Maritza Rodríguez as Pilar Arismendi / Raquel Arismendi
- Gabriel Porras as Gonzalo Ibáñez / Iñaki Mora Vergara / Roberto Acosta
- Catherine Siachoque as Ignacia Conde Spencer
- Miguel Varoni as Javier Ruiz
- David Chocarro as Adolfo Acosta / Ismael Mora Vergara - Leonardo Acosta / Iván Mora
- Jorge Luis Pila as Matías Santa María Hurtado
- Angélica María as Cecilia vda. Arismendi
- Daniel Lugo as Renato Conde
- Felicia Mercado as Eva Spencer de Conde
- Karla Monroig as Rebeca Arismendi
- Henry Zakka as Igor Mora
- Orlando Fundichely as Sebastián Andrade
- Ximena Duque as Carola Conde Spencer
- Gabriel Valenzuela as Emilio Сonde Spencer
- Sofía Lama as Hilda González de Conde
- Rosalinda Rodríguez as Karen Ortega
- Héctor Fuentes as Nibaldo González
- Vivian Ruiz as Yolanda Sánchez De González
- Alexandra Pomales as Andrea Ruiz Arismendi
- Andrés Cotrino as Diego Ruíz Arismendi
- Adela Romero as Teresa Sandoval
- Adriana Oliveros as Carmen Soto
- Alejandra Corujo as Ximena Labarca
- Arianna Coltellacci as Marisol Merino
- Ariel Texido as Danilo Salas
- Carlos Cuervo as "False" Iñaki Mora
- Carlos Farach as René
- Carlos Fontané as Ricardo Merino
- Casey Carys as Carola Conde Spencer (young)
- Cristina Figarola as Rosa Muñita Yen / Cecilia Avendaño
- Fernando Cermeño Sánchez as Pablo López
- Fidel Pérez Michel as Dr. Alfonso
- Gerardo Riveron as Pedro Martínez
- Isaniel Rojas as Efraín Donoso Santibáñez
- Jeinny Lizarazo as Olga
- Johann Abreu as Felipe Cifuentes
- José Contreras as José
- Juan Cepero as Mario
- Julio Torresoto as Salvador
- Maria Malgrat as Hortensia
- Martha Pabón as Mabel Vergara de Mora
- Miguel Augusto Rodríguez as Omar Blanco
- Mildred Quiroz as Gretta
- Nini Vásquez as Lidia
- Paulina Gálvez as Adivina
- Rafael Robledo as Ramirez
- Ramon Morell as Antonio
- Raúl Arrieta as Israel Mendoza
- Christian Jr. Carabías as Luis
- Roberto Javier as Victor Santelicez
- Vanessa Apolito as Priscila
La Casa de al Lado has been nominated for Novela of the Year, Favorite Lead Actress (Catherine Siachoque) and Actor, The Best Bad Boy and Girl, Best Supporting Actress, The Perfect Couple, The Best Kiss, Great Young Actor, and Best Novela Soundtrack. It won Favorite Lead Actress (Maritza Rodríguez) and Best Supporting Actor.
|2012||Premios tu mundo 2012||Novela of the Year||La Casa de al Lado||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor||Gabriel Porras||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress||Maritza Rodríguez||Won|
|The Best Bad Boy||David Chocarro
|The Best Bad Girl||Maritza Rodríguez||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Rosalinda Rodríguez||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Gabriel Valenzuela||Won|
|The Perfect Couple||Karla Monroig and Jorge Luis Pila||Nominated|
|The Best Kiss||Ximena Duque and David Chocarro
Catherine Siachoque and Miguel Varoni
|Great Young Actor||Andrés Cotrino||Nominated|
|Best Novela Soundtrack||La Casa de al Lado opening theme (instrumental)||Nominated|
- "Telemundo's ''La Casa de al Lado''". Msnlatino.telemundo.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Gonzalo García Vivanco se integra a Relaciones Peligrosas". Ecuavisa.com. 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Telemundo estrena esta noche la telenovela ‘La casa de al lado’". Serieslatinas.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "La Casa de al Lado: Gran final". Msnlatino.telemundo.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "TELEMUNDO PRESENTS THE FIRST EDITION OF "PREMIOS TU MUNDO" (YOUR WORLD AWARDS) CELEBRATING THE BEST IN POP CULTURE THURSDAY, AUGUST 30 FROM 8PM-11PM/ET". Telemundomediakit.com. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Premios tu mundo 2012: Categorías y Nominados". Msnlatino.telemundo.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Lista de ganadores de la primera edición de los premios Tu Mundo". Charlotteobserver.com. 2012-08-31. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Official La Casa de al Lado Website (Spanish)
- La Casa de al Lado Mobile Site (Spanish)
- La Casa de al Lado iPhone and iPad Novelas App with La Casa de Al Lado (Spanish)
- Seriesnow (English)
- Club de Noveleras (Spanish)