Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Origin||Val-d'Or, Quebec, Canada|
La Chicane was formed in 1993 in Val-d'Or. They performed regularly in Quebec and recorded for DKD Disques.
In 2000, La Chicane was nominated for best group and for best-selling Francophone album at the Juno Awards.
Past and present members
- Dany Bédar, bassist (2001-2002, left for solo career)
- Martin Bédar, drummer and Dany Bedar's brother
- Daniel 'Boom' Desjardins, lead-singer (founding-2004, left for solo career)
- Matt Laurent, guitarist and lead singer (2008)
- Christian Legault, guitarist (founding-present)
- Éric Lemieux, keyboardist (founding-present)
- Éric Maheu, bassist (2003–2004)
- Alain Villeneuve, guitarist (founding–2000)
- Suzanne Dufour, back-vocals (founding-1999)
Awards and recognition
- 2000: Juno Awards, winner for Best Selling Francophone Album (En Catimini), nominee for Best Group
- 2002: Juno Awards, nominee for Best Selling Francophone Album (Disparu)
- 2004: Juno Awards, nominee for Group of the Year
- 1999: En Catimini
- 2000: Disparu
- 2003: Ent' nous autres
- 2006: La Chicane: 1998-2006 (Best Of)
- 2009: La Chicane
- "The Stones rock 50,000 fans in T.O.". Canoe Showbiz. JANE STEVENSON, JIM SLOTEK AND MARY DICKIE, Toronto Sun Dec 7, 2004
- Roberts, Sam (31 July 2003). "How the bands measured up on The Globe's lip-o-meter". The Globe and Mail (Toronto). Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Larry LeBlanc (12 February 2000). "Morissette leads Canada's Juno nomination list". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.: 45–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Greenaway, Kathryn (30 July 2003). "It's not only rock 'n' roll in Toronto: Montrealers join Woodstock-like pilgrimage to SARS relief concert headlined by Stones". The Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Stones rock out at Toronto's 'biggest party'". CBC News, Jul 31, 2003
- "Flaming Lips/La Chicane/Blue Rodeo Live At SARStock". Chart Attack, Jul 31, 2003. Keith Carman
- "Nouvelle chanson pour La Chicane". Le Journal, March 14, 2017
- "La Chicane présente une nouvelle chanson Publié". Ici Radio Canada, 14 March 2017