||This article needs attention from an expert in Mexico. (June 2011)|
La Chingada is a term commonly used in colloquial Mexican Spanish that refers to various imaginary places or personalities. Hijo de su chingada madre can be idiomatically translated as "son of a bitch" (madre means mother, chingada is "fuck" or other bad words.) While its original meaning was similar to "prosititute", the concept has since extended far beyond its original meaning.
Derivative words of the noun chingada or the verb chingar are also commonly used Mexican swear words. "Chingada" is typically translated in English as "fuck" or a related word. Depending on its use, it can similar to saying "go to hell", or telling someone to "fuck off".
Spanish uses of the expression
The following list of expressions featuring "la chingada" appear in Gómez de Silva's Diccionario breve de mexicanismos (2001):
- Estar dado a la Chingada: "to be given to La Chingada," that is, ruined, that you have lost everything.
- Estar de la Chingada: to be somehow too bad, difficult, or complicated.
- Ir hecho la Chingada: to go lightning-fast.
- Ir a la Chingada: "to go to la Chingada," or to go away upset, to go fuck yourself.
- Irse algo a la Chingada: to break or damage something, something "going away to La Chingada".
- Llevárselo a alguien la Chingada: to be angry or in a tight spot.
- Hijo de tu chingada madre: "you son of your fucking mother," or "Hijo de tu puta madre" (literally: son of your whore mother) meaning "you son of a whore" and also "Hijo-esu (hijo de su) puta madre" is similar to saying "son of a bitch" in general.
- Mandar a alguien a la Chingada: "send someone to La Chingada," which means saying goodbye with disdain or annoyance to someone who is bothersome.
- ¡Me lleva la Chingada!: "I'm fucked!"
- Vete a la Chingada: Fuck off
- Tu chingada madre : you motherfucker or also like your fucked mother
|This Mexico-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|