La Chorrera Army Airfield
|La Chorrera Army Airfield|
|Part of Sixth Air Force|
|Located in Panama|
|Controlled by||United States Army Air Forces|
La Chorrera Army Airfield is a former United States Army Air Forces World War II air base on Panama. It was a sub-base of Albrook Field and later Howard Field which used for dispersal and overflow units as part of the defense of the Panama Canal.
Units assigned to the field were:
- 30th Pursuit (later Fighter) Squadron (37th Fighter Group), 24 November 1941 – 3 January 1943 (P-40 Warhawk)
- 31st Pursuit (later Fighter) Squadron (37th Fighter Group), 9–23 December 1941; 3 February-19 May 1942 (P-40 Warhawk)
- 24th Fighter Squadron (16th Fighter Group), 15 March–September 1942; 10Jan-28 May 1943 (P-39 Airacobra)
- 28th Fighter Squadron (37th Fighter Group),26 March-2 May 1942 (P-40 Warhawk)
- 15th Fighter Squadron (53d Fighter Group), 2 January-10 November 1942 (P-39 Airacobra)
- 53d Fighter Squadron (32d Fighter Group), 7 January-8 June 1943 (P-40 Warhawk)
- 43d Fighter Squadron (XXVI Fighter Command), 6 April-29 August 1944 (P-39 Airacobra)
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
|This article about a Panamanian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States Air Force article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|