La Colle, Monaco
Ward of Monaco
Location in Monaco
|• Total||0.188073 km2 (0.072615 sq mi)|
La Colle lies on the north western side of the country, just north of Fontvieille. La Colle is generally considered part of Moneghetti, even though it is its own administrative Ward. It runs directly along the neighboring French towns of Beausoleil, and Cap-d'Ail, as well as the Monégasque Wards of Les Révoires, Fontvieille, and Moneghetti.
La Colle is the second smallest Ward in Monaco in terms of population (Monaco-Ville is the smallest), and the third smallest in terms of land size. La Colle has a population of 2,829 and an area of 0.11 square kilometres (0.042 sq mi).
La Colle is more of an industrial area, but some small hotels can be found here, helping Monaco's high end tourist industry.
La Colle takes after Fontvieille in being one of the more industrial areas in Monaco. For instance Venturi and its subsidiary Voxan have an eco-friendly factory located here. Its location within Monaco helps to expedite shipping; located more on the outside of the city, manufacturing causes little problem to Monaco's high end tourist industry.
Even though La Colle is more industrialized, there is real estate along the Les Révoires-La Colle border. Because La Colle's location more outside the city center, its real estate sales are generally less. Averaging 13% to 18% less than neighboring Fontvieille or La Condamine.
- 2012 Statistics
- Monaco - Geography / About Monaco / Monaco Official Site
- Census 2008
- The Education System in Monaco Archived 2012-11-03 at the Wayback Machine
- "Schooling and Education in Monaco". Angloinfo Monaco. Angloinfo. Archived from the original on 2016-08-07. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- Monaco - Walks / Places to visit / Monaco Official Site
- Venturi aujourd'hui / Entreprise / Accueil - Venturi Archived 2010-10-03 at Archive.today
- Real Estate Monaco La Colle
- Real Estate Monaco
- Centre Hospitalier Princesse Grace - Monaco Archived 2012-11-18 at the Wayback Machine
|This Monaco location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|