|Commenced operations||21 July 2014|
|Frequent-flyer program||My Compagnie|
|Parent company||Dreamjet Participations|
|Headquarters||Le Bourget, France|
La Compagnie, legally incorporated as Dreamjet SAS, is a French airline founded by Frantz Yvelin and based at Orly Airport in Paris, with headquarters in Le Bourget in the Paris metropolitan area. It offers all-business class flights between Orly Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport.
La Compagnie was founded as Dreamjet in 2013. It was created and run by French Airline Entrepreneur Frantz Yvelin, with the support of Peter Luethi, Yann Poudoulec, Francois Ledreux, Daniel DeLoma, Nicolas Jurczyk, and Pierre-Hugues Schmit among a few others, in the hopes of making an all-business class airline with a true low-cost structure, offering business class fares significantly cheaper than those of legacy carriers.
The airline's CEO for its first four years was its founder, Frantz Yvelin, until the very end of 2016. Prior to La Compagnie, Frantz Yvelin was also the founder of L'Avion, which was sold to British Airways and later became OpenSkies. Yvelin's deputy was Peter Luethi, the former COO of Indian airline Jet Airways.
The first scheduled revenue flight, already under the new name La Compagnie (English: The Company), operated on 21 July 2014. On 24 April 2015, the airline started a second scheduled route from London Luton Airport to Newark.
In April 2016, Frantz Yvelin announced La Compagnie was considering a fleet renewal and expansion with Airbus A321neo aircraft. In September 2016, the airline announced the suspension of its route from London Luton to Newark and its intention to instead launch a second daily frequency between Paris Charles de Gaulle and Newark, citing economic reasons linked to Brexit. In December 2016, La Compagnie's sole holding, Dreamjet Participations, which was also founded and run by Frantz Yvelin, acquired 100% of XL Group Ltd., the holding company of XL Airways France, and the two airlines joined forces with the transaction completed by 12 September 2018.
In September 2017, the airline announced that it was offering all-you-can-fly passes for its Newark to Paris route, costing $40,000 per year.
The airline's Boeing 757 aircraft are equipped with an all-business class cabin with 74 seats that convert to angled flat beds. Food is served in a two-course meal. Inflight entertainment is provided on tablet devices. La Compagnie uses contracted lounges for its passengers.
|London||United Kingdom||Luton Airport||Terminated|||
|Newark||United States||Newark Liberty International Airport|
|Nice||France||Nice Côte d'Azur Airport||Seasonal
Begins 6 May 2019
|Paris||France||Charles de Gaulle Airport||Terminated|||
|Airbus A321LR||—||2||76||76||To replace Boeing 757-200s in 2019.|
|Boeing 757-200||2||—||74||74||To be replaced by Airbus A321LR in 2019.|
- "General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers." La Compagnie. Retrieved on April 15, 2015. "53, avenue Jean Jaurès, 93350 Le Bourget"
- "La Compagnie - Our Team". La Compagnie.
- "La Compagnie starts CDG-Newark with 74-seat all-business 757". anna.aero. PPS Publications. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Davidson, Lauren (4 February 2015). "Start-up airline will fly business class to New York for £1,500". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- Frommberg, Laura (12 April 2016). "Business-Airline La Compagnie baut Flotte aus" [Business airline La Compagnie is expanding its fleet]. Aero Telegraph (in French). aeroTELEGRAPH · AGB.
- Caswell, Mark (5 September 2016). "La Compagnie to suspend Luton-New York service". Business Traveller.
- Zhang, Benjamin (2 December 2016). "Air France should be worried — its competition just got stronger". Business Insider. Insider Inc. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "AXA : acquisition de XL Group finalisée le 12 septembre" [AXA: acquisition of XL Group finalised on September 12]. Zone bourse. 11 September 2018. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- A. W. (10 October 2017). "All-you-can-fly membership models are slowly catching on". The Economist.
- "La Compagnie switches Paris airports". anna.aero. PPS Publications. 25 April 2018. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- Schlappig, Ben (26 July 2014). "La Compagnie Business Class Paris To Newark Review". One Mile at a Time.
- lacompagnie.com - Choose departure retrieved 24 September 2016
- "La Compagnie ends London – New York route in late-Sep 2016". Routesonline. 9 September 2016.
- "La Compagnie adds Nice – Newark service from May 2019". Routesonline. 5 December 2018.
- "La Compagnie Paris service changes from late-April 2018". Routesonline. 15 March 2018.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 14.
- Lavitt, Michael (20 July 2017). "La Compagnie Plans To Add A321neos". Aviation Week. Informa Exhibitions.
- "France's La Compagnie orders two A321neo for TATL ops". ch-aviation. ch-aviation GmbH. 22 September 2017.
Media related to La Compagnie at Wikimedia Commons