La Düsseldorf (album)
|Studio album by La Düsseldorf|
|Genre||Krautrock, proto-punk, art rock|
|Label||Nova (Germany), Radar (UK)|
|Producer||La Düsseldorf & Conny Plank|
|Klaus Dinger chronology|
|Singles from La Düsseldorf|
La Düsseldorf is the first album of the band La Düsseldorf.
Striking up a stylistic compromise with Michael Rother, the other half of Neu!, Dinger had recruited his brother Thomas and friend Hans Lampe to play on side two of Neu! '75, taking the band in a more rocking direction than the ambient-inclined Rother cared for. With the split up of Neu! after Neu! '75's release, the remaining members recorded this LP with Neu!/Kraftwerk producer Conny Plank. The result is an album reminiscent of Neu!'s characteristic motorik beat set under atmospheric swathes of keyboard and guitar, but with more emphasis on vocals than the mostly instrumental Neu! had made room for.
"In La Düsseldorf’s eponymous debut, Dinger poked his head into disco and punk and opened himself in ways previously unheard in the more art-focused Neu!."
- "Düsseldorf" - 13:17
- "La Düsseldorf" - 4:28
- "Silver Cloud" - 8:01
- "Time" - 9:24
- Klaus Dinger – Guitar, Vocals
- Thomas Dinger – Lighting, Percussion, Vocals
- Harald Konietzko – Bass
- Hans Lampe – Electronics, Keyboards, Percussion, Synthesizer
- Nikolaus VanRhein – Keyboards, Synthesizer
- Klaus Becker – Proof Reading
- Dinger Brothers – Artwork, Stylist
- Gary Hobish – Reissue Mastering, Remastering
- Stephen Iliffe – Liner Notes
- Konrad Plank – Audio Engineer, Audio Production, Engineer, Producer
- Nathaniel Russell – Reissue Design, Reissue Layout
- Filippo Salvadori – Reissue Producer
- Neate, Wilson (2011). "La Düsseldorf - La Düsseldorf | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- Syzygy. "La Düsseldorf: La Düsseldorf (Krautrock)". Progarchives.com,. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- Gaerig, Andrews. "On Second Thought: La Dusseldorf - La Dusseldorf". Stylus Magazine. Retrieved 31 December 2010.