La Feria Chapultepec Mágico
|Location||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Previous names||Juegos Mecánicos de Chapultepec|
La Feria Chapultepec Mágico is an amusement park in Mexico City, Mexico. Located in the middle of Chapultepec Park near the Constituyentes Metro station, it opened in 1964 as Juegos Mecánicos de Chapultepec and was originally operated by the Mexican government. In 1992 Grupo CIE bought it and changed the name to the current one.
La Feria Chapultepec Mágico has approximately 50 different rides and other amusements, as well as several animal attractions. While this list includes many flat rides, it also includes several former record-holding roller coasters: among these, Montaña Rusa, which held the world's record for tallest roller coaster, and Montaña Infinitum, which was the first roller coaster in the world with three vertical loops. One of the coasters, Cascabel, was formerly at Kennywood amusement park near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The park also contains a wild mouse roller coaster named Ratón Loco.
Another of the park's noteworthy attractions is a zero-emission scenic train that was developed with the help of the Institute of Engineering at the National Autonomous University of Mexico. The train was reported by La Crónica de Hoy to be the first of its kind when it was opened for Ecofest 2012.
Pricing and admission
Some travel guides cite the relatively low cost of visiting La Feria Chapultepec Mágico when compared to other North American amusement parks. The park has a multi-tiered pricing structure for its ride passes. Lower cost passes allow for admission to many of the smaller flat rides, while more expensive passes allow for admission to the more extreme rides, such as the roller coasters.
Selected thrill rides
- Nao de China
- Avion del Amor
- Tren del Amor
- Power Tower
- Formula 1 Race Track
- Top Spin
- Onstott, Jane (2010). National Geographic Traveler: Mexico. Washington, DC: National Geographic Books. ISBN 1426205244. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Marden, Duane. "La Feria Chapultepec Mágico". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Atracciones que te encantaran" [Places you'll love]. La Feria Chapultepec Mágico (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Conoce nuestros próximos eventos" [Meet our upcoming events]. La Feria Chapultepec Mágico (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Swanson, Bob (19 May 1968). "Mexico's Cheapultepec Park: Family Fun!". Chicago Tribune. p. G18.
- Cartmell, Robert (1987). The Incredible Scream Machine: A History of the Roller Coaster. Popular Press. ISBN 0879723424. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Marden, Duane. "Montaña Infinitum (La Feria Chapultepec Mágico)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Marden, Duane. "Cascabel (La Feria Chapultepec Mágico)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Marden, Duane. "Ratón Loco (La Feria Chapultepec Mágico)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "La Feria de Chapultepec Inaugura nuevo Tren Ecológico" [La Feria de Chapultepec Ecological Inaugurates New Train]. La Crónica de Hoy (in Spanish). 11 February 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Chapultepec, opción de diversión en días de asueto" [Chapultepec, fun option on days off]. La Crónica de Hoy (in Spanish). 26 December 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2013.