Jump to navigation Jump to search
|• Mayor||Meritxell Budó Pla (2015)|
|• Total||18.8 km2 (7.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||860/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
La Garriga is a municipality in the province of Barcelona and autonomous community of Catalonia, Spain. The municipality covers an area of 18.8 square kilometres (7.3 sq mi) and the population in 2014 was 15,762.
Notable natives and residents
- The Catalan writer and teacher, Núria Albó, was mayor here in 1979 and she was born here in 1930.
- The Catalan missionary priest in Cameroon Jordi Mas Castells was born here in 1930 and he died here in 2010. In 2008, the town council in La Garriga honoured him as Illustrious Citizen.
- The New York-based sculptor, Ester Partegàs, was born here in 1972.
- "Ajuntament de la Garriga". Generalitat of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "El municipi en xifres: La Garriga". Statistical Institute of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-23.
- "Municipal Register of Spain 2018". National Statistics Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Biografia". Associació d'Escriptors en Llengua Catalana. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- Lapuerta 2009, pp. 66–81
- "Jordi Mas i Castells, Illustrious Citizen of La Garriga" (in Catalan). Ajuntament de la Garriga. 3 December 2008.
- (in Catalan) Lapuerta, Montserrat (2009). Retrats de Garriguencs Il·lustres (in Catalan). El Garbell. ISBN 978-84-613-6776-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La Garriga.|
|This Province of Barcelona location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|