|Birth name||Teresa Nova|
|Born||8 May 1992|
La Godiva is the stage name of the Swedish DJ, producer, singer and songwriter Teresa Nova (born 8 May 1992). As revealed in an interview in the Czech Good Morning TV Show, the stage name comes from the legend of Lady Godiva, as they both share the same trait: long strawberry blonde hair. She won the 2014 Indie Music Channel Songwriter Award for Best Dance Songwriter with the song Break. She also performed at the Baltic Song Contest in 2014, representing the Czech Republic. She has also been going on international tours, performing live on festivals and concerts, mainly in Sweden, the United Kingdom and the Czech Republic.
Early life and education
Teresa Nova was born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden, with a Czech mother and a Polish father. She attended the local music school taking piano and violin lessons when growing up. She soon started to write and compose her own songs, and started singing a lot of Soul and R&B. She moved to Weston Super Mare when she was nine years old and attended a primary school. She and her family later moved back to Sweden, where she enrolled in an English primary and secondary school called Internationella Engelska Skolan, at the same time when the singers from First Aid Kit was attending the same school. The artist is fluent in four languages: Swedish, English, Czech and Polish.
La Godiva has been recognized for her music to be a mix between R&B and House or Electronic dance music (EDM), especially her latest singles Break and You Never Call Me Back in 2014. She has appeared live on various shows, e.g. the Czech TV show Home Alone (Sama doma) and Na Forbine. Soon thereafter she appeared on the news at another Czech TV channel called ZAK.
In March 2014 she was an honored guest at the TV show Good Morning (Dobré ráno) in the Czech Republic. After the interview she performed an acoustic version of her new single You Never Call Me Back. In the interview she mentioned that she is going to be DJing at the DJ festival Wonderland in Prague, along with other DJs such as Danny Ávila and Twoloud. Other famous DJs that have previously performed at Wonderland are Hardwell, Alesso, Michael Woods, Sander van Doorn, Deniz Koyu, Marco V, Swanky Tunes, and more.
The artist has also performed at various festivals, such as Decibely Pomoci for charity sponsored by SOS Children's Villages in Jihlava (Czech Republic), and the Salford Music Festival, close to Manchester (UK). Her music has been picked up and aired at different radio channels (e.g. Paul FM Dance Music Radio ( www.paulfmradio.com ), Salford City Radio, EDM Radio Productions, Regina Radio, etc. ).  She was also interviewed by the DJ legend and music journalist Miloš Skalka  (a friend to the famous Czech singer Karel Gott ) who also interviewed legendary artists like Paul McCartney.
|Song||Genre||Release Type||Release Name||Year|
|When I've Got You||Pop||EP||Strong||2013|
|For So Long||Pop||EP||Strong||2013|
|You Never Call Me Back||EDM||Single||You Never Call Me Back||2014|
- "TV Show Good Morning - interview". Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Indie Music Channel". Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Nadia Hagberg. "Teresa skriver låtarna själv". Blekinge Läns Tidning. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "La Godiva - Home". Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "La Godiva - Biography". Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "La Godiva - Music". Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "TV Show Home Alone - Video". Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Na Forbine". Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "TV Channel ZAK". Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "TV Show Good Morning - Interview part 2". Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Go Out Events - Wonderland". Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Decibely Pomoci". Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Decibely Pomoci Festival". Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Salford Music Festival". Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "La Godiva". Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Salford City Radio". Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- Miloš Skalka. "La Godiva, švédská zpěvačka s česko-polskými kořeny". Regina Radio. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Legendární DJ Skalka oslavil 65. Narozeniny: Gott nazpíval tři jeho písně!". Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Gabriela Kováříková. "Paul McCartney: Brouk, který nestárne". Retrieved 5 August 2014.