La Habra High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|La Habra High School|
|801 West Highlander Avenue|
La Habra, Orange County, CA 90631
|Principal||Karl R. Zener, Ed.D|
|Number of students||2,212 (2015-16)|
|Average class size||576|
|Fight song||"Hail to the Victors"|
|Rival||Sonora, La Habra|
|Key products||La Habra Hub|
La Habra High School is a public co-educational high school located in the Orange County, California city of La Habra. Located between the Coyote Hills to the south and Puente Hills to the north, LHHS opened in 1954 and graduated its first class in 1956. It is a California Distinguished High School and has been nominated as a National Blue Ribbon School. The school is a member of the Fullerton Joint Union High School District. LHHS absorbed a majority of the students from nearby Lowell High School when it closed in June 1980.
La Habra's sports teams are known as the Highlanders and are members of the Freeway League in CIF Southern Section.
- Football: 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2015
- Girls volleyball: 1989, 1990, 1991, 1998, 2000
- Mens Soccer: 2007, 2008
- John N. Lotz, Air National Guard Brigadier General
- Rusty Anderson, Guitarist for Paul McCartney's Band – Macca
- Mark Kostabi, Artist
- Anne Ramsay, Actress: Hawthorne, A League of Their Own, Mad About You
- Jennifer Hanson, Miss California, Country music artist
- Chuck Weatherspoon, Former NFL Running Back for Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL).
- Jenny Topping, U.S. Olympic softball player
- Alan Newman, Former professional baseball player, Tampa Bay Rays and Cleveland Indians
- Dan Owens, Former NFL Defensive End who last played for the Detroit Lions
- Kyle Peko, NFL Nose Tackle who is a member of the Buffalo Bills practice squad
- Ronnie Hillman, NFL Running Back who is a free agent.
- "La Habra High". NCES. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
- "CIF-Southern Section All Sports Press Guide and Record Book" (PDF). pp. 82, 83. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 August 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "CIF-Southern Section All Sports Press Guide and Record Book" (PDF). pp. 299, 300. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 August 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012.