School of Business and Engineering Vaud
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2010)|
|Established||1956 as "Technicum Cantonal Vaudois"|
|Location||Yverdon-les-bains, Canton of Vaud, Switzerland|
The School of Engineering and Business of the Canton of Vaud (HEIG-VD, sometimes "Higher School of Engineering and Business of the State of Vaud") has been created from the merging of the EIVD (School of Engineering of the State of Vaud) and the HEG-VD (Higher School of Business of the State of Vaud) on 1 August 2004. With its 2000 students, the HEIG-VD is the largest branch of the University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO) and participates actively in regional and national industry and business in all areas covered by its teaching.
As of fall 2006, HEIG-VD is based at a larger urban campus of three adjacent sites at Yverdon-les-Bains: Route de Cheseaux, Centre St-Roch et Centre Y-Parc.
- Electrical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Computer Science
- Media Engineering
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Management
Started in September 2009, this Master program offer two different majors :
- Industrial Technologies (TIN)
- Information and Communication Technologies (TIC)
Launched at the start of the 2008/2009 academic year, this master offer five different majors :
- Entrepreneurship (syllabus in English/French or English/German)
- Integrated Management of Information and Communication Systems
- Service Management and Service Engineering
- Public and Quasi-public Management
- Hospitality & Tourism (syllabus in English and French)
- "Formations Bachelor"
- "Formations Master"
- "HES-SO Master Of Science In Engineering"
- "HES-SO Master Of Science In Business Administration"