La Joyita Prison
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Problems at the prison have included drinking water being available only for part of the day. In September 2013, the Government Minister, Jorge Ricardo Fabrega, said 5,500 inmates from La Joya and La Joyita would be transferred, starting in January 2014, to the new La Joya Prison located in Pacora.
- "New Jewel Property Ready for Development". June 10, 2010.
- "Prisoners moved from comfort to overcrowding". Newsroom Panama. 14 September 2010. Archived from the original on 11 December 2012.
- Woods, Sarah (2009-11-24). Panama, 2nd edition. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 65. ISBN 9781841622606. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- La Joya Prison Riot, 19 Injured - http://www.thepanamadigest.com/2011/09/la-joya-prison-riot-19-injured/
- Bergner, Jeffrey T. (2008-08-01). Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2008: Vols. I and II: Joint Committee Print, U. S. House of Representatives and U. S. Senate. DIANE Publishing. p. 2827. ISBN 9781437905229. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- 5500 Inmates Will Be Transferred To The New La Joya Prison published on September 02 2013. http://www.panama-guide.com/article.php/20130902230439617