La Lotería Letal
La Lotería Letal (English: The Lethal Lottery) is a tag team tournament that was held in autumn 2008 by professional wrestling promotion CHIKARA. It consisted of eight teams, who competed in a single-elimination tournament.
To determine the participants in the tournament, eighteen of CHIKARA's wrestlers were selected to participate. The tournament included several well-known wrestlers, including Colin Delaney, who gained fame on World Wrestling Entertainment's Extreme Championship Wrestling brand, and longtime independent circuit veteran Mike Quackenbush. Other participants included CHIKARA regulars and other independent wrestlers. Sixteen names were drawn at random to form tag teams and determine the match pairings. The two remaining wrestlers, Hydra and Brodie Lee, faced each other in a singles match at the September 6 event. The format was similar to that used in World Championship Wrestling's Lethal Lottery tournaments, which also involved random pairings of wrestlers.
The singles match took place between the first and second rounds of the tournament, and Lee defeated Hydra. The team of Jimmy Olsen and Lince Dorado and the team of Vin Gerard and Colin Delaney faced each other in the final match, which was held on October 18, also at the Palmer Center. Olsen and Delaney competing against each other was significant, as they had competed as kayfabe twin brothers, The Olsen Twins, early in their careers. Olsen and Dorado won the tournament; as a result, they were awarded three points in CHIKARA's tag team division. In the division, teams must accumulate three points before they are permitted to challenge for the Chikara Campeonatos de Parejas, the promotion's tag team championship.
Challenge for tag team championship
Olsen, competing under the ring name Equinox, and Dorado, challenged tag team champions The Osirian Portal at CHIKARA's "Armdrags to Riches" event on November 16, 2008. In a two out of three falls match, Dorado gained the first pinfall. The Osirian Portal won the match, however, after pinning Dorado and then Equinox to retain the title belts.
|Icarus and Ultimo Breakfast||Pin|
|Helios and Tim Donst||09:24|
|Icarus and Ultimo Breakfast||Pin|
|Jimmy Olsen and Lince Dorado||08:28|
|Jimmy Olsen and Lince Dorado||Sub|
|Shane Storm and Eddie Kingston||07:06|
|Jimmy Olsen and Lince Dorado||Pin|
|Vin Gerard and Colin Delaney||16:26|
|Vin Gerard and Colin Delaney||Sub|
|Halcon Guerrero and Mitch Ryder||10:07|
|Vin Gerard and Colin Delaney||Pin|
|Mike Quackenbush/Pinkie Sanchez||08:53|
|Claudio Castagnoli and Larry Sweeney||Pin|
|Mike Quackenbush and Pinkie Sanchez||12:41|
- Martin, Adam (2008-08-25). "Feedback on NWA in Texas, APWF, CHIKARA, IWA Tri-State, and PWR". WrestleView. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Southeastern Wrestling News, Notes, and Nostalgia: 8/12/2008". WrestleView. 2008-08-12. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- Reynolds, R.D.; Bryan Alvarez (2004). WrestleCrap and Figure Four Weekly Present: The Death of WCW. ECW Press. p. 42. ISBN 1-55022-661-4.
- "Results". CHIKARA Pro. Archived from the original on 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "Wrestler Profiles: Colin Delaney". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- "F.A.Q.". CHIKARA Pro. Archived from the original on 2012-05-05. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- "Chikara DVD September 6, 2008 "La Loteria Letal" - Easton, PA". Smart Mark Video. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "Chikara DVD October 18, 2008 "Global Gauntlet - Night 1" - Easton, PA". Smart Mark Video. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- ""La Loteria Letal" – 9/6/2008". Chikara Fans. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- ""The Global Gauntlet: Night One" – 10/18/2008". Chikara Fans. Retrieved 2010-01-24.