La Maison en Petits Cubes
|La Maison en Petits Cubes|
|Directed by||Kunio Katō|
|Produced by||Masanori Kusakabe, Yuko Hata|
|Written by||Kenya Hirata|
|Music by||Kenji Kondo|
La Maison en Petits Cubes (つみきのいえ Tsumiki no Ie, "The House of Small Cubes") is a 2008 Japanese animated short subject film created by Kunio Katō, with music by Kenji Kondo and produced by Robot Communications.
It won several prizes, including The Annecy Cristal at the 32nd Annecy International Animated Film Festival and the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film at the 81st Academy Awards. It was also included in the Animation Show of Shows in 2008.
As his town is flooded by water, an aged widower is forced to add additional levels onto his home in order to stay dry. But when he accidentally drops his favorite smoking pipe into the lower submerged levels of his home, his search for the pipe eventually makes him relive scenes from his eventful life (including his time before the flooding began).
La Maison en Petits Cubes has won the following awards:
- 2008 Hiroshima International Animation Festival
- 2008 Japan Media Arts Festival
- Grand Prize – Animation Division
- 2008 Annecy International Animated Film Festival
- 2009 Academy Awards
- 2008 Message to Man
- Best Animated Film
- 2008 Anima Mundi
- Best Script – Jury Award
- 2008 LA Shorts Fest
- Best Animation
- "La Maison en Petits Cubes". Short Film Central. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- "HIROSHIMA 2008(12) Aug.7-11 Venue : Aster Plaza". HiroAnim.org. Hiroshima International Animation Festival. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- "2008 Japan Media Arts Festival Awards". Japan Media Arts Plaza, Agency for Cultural Affairs. Archived from the original on August 24, 2011. Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- La Maison en Petits Cubes (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- La Maison en Petits Cubes on IMDb
|This anime film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|