La Maison en Petits Cubes
|La Maison en Petits Cubes|
|Directed by||Kunio Katō|
|Produced by||Masanori Kusakabe, Yuko Hata|
|Written by||Kenya Hirata|
|Music by||Kenji Kondo|
La Maison en Petits Cubes (つみきのいえ? Tsumiki no Ie, "The House of Small Cubes") is a 2008 Japanese animated short subject film created by Kunio Katō, with music by Kenji Kondo and produced by Robot Communications. It won several prizes, the most important being the Grand prize for short films (the Annecy Cristal) at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in 2008 and the 2008 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film. It was also included in the Animation Show of Shows in 2008 .
As his town is flooded by water, an aged widower is forced to add additional levels onto his home in order to stay dry. But when he accidentally drops his favorite smoking pipe into the lower submerged levels of his home, his search for the pipe eventually makes him relive scenes from his eventful life (including his time before the flooding began).
- 2008 Hiroshima Prize and Audience Prize Hiroshima International Animation Festival
- 2008 Grand Prize Animation Division Japan Media Arts Festival
- 2008 Grand prize for short films (the Annecy Cristal)
- 2008 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film (the second anime film to win after Spirited Away and the first for short film)
- "HIROSHIMA 2008(12) Aug.7-11 Venue : Aster Plaza". Hiroshima International Animation Festival. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- "2008 Japan Media Arts Festival Animation Division Grand Prize The House of Small Cubes". Japan Media Arts Festival. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- La Maison en Petits Cubes (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- La maison en petits cubes at the Internet Movie Database
|This anime film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|