La Marque High School
La Marque High School is a public high school in La Marque, Texas, United States in the Houston Metropolitan Area. The school, which serves grades 9 through 12, is currently a part of the Texas City Independent School District; prior to July 1, 2016, the school district was a part of the La Marque Independent School District. After TCISD annexed LMISD, the school remained open, and its athletic teams continued to be separate from those of Texas City High School.
As of July 1, 2016 La Marque High has no standardized dress policy since it now follows the TCISD school dress policy.
During the late 2000s through the closure of LMISD, the school had a dress code in which students were permitted to wear solid-colored or striped golf shirts that do not have the colors red and black. Trousers may be navy, khaki, or denim.
From 1995 to 2016 the American football team entered into five Texas championships. Beginning in 1995 it entered the championships three consecutive times, and prior to 2016 its last championship was in 2006. Mike Jackson served as the head coach of the football team up until the closure of LMISD. Once the school came into possession of the TCISD, the position of football head coach became vacant as all teaching positions were cleared of their employees; employees who wished to continue were required to re-apply for the jobs.
- Robin Armstrong, Galveston County physician and vice chairman of the Republican Party of Texas
- Jeff Banister, Major League Baseball player, coach, and manager
- Norm Bulaich, Former National Football League player
- L. J. Castile, Arena Football League player
- James Francis, Former National Football League player
- Ron Francis, Former National Football League player
- Kay Bailey Hutchison (R), Former U.S. Senator from the state of Texas 
- Jared Perry, Arena Football League player
- Claude Terrell, Former National Football League player
- Lee A. Hutton, III, Famous Entertainment Attorney and Former College Football Player for University of Minnesota.
- Daughtry, Shannon (2015-12-02). "TEA: Texas City ISD to annex La Marque ISD". The Daily News. Galveston. Retrieved 2015-12-19.
- "LMISD Annex to TCISD - Q&A Archived 2016-01-11 at WebCite" (Archive). Texas City Independent School District. Retrieved on January 12, 2016.
- Verdejo, Angel. "4A powers La Marque, Yates drop to 3A in new district realignment." Houston Chronicle. February 2, 2012. Retrieved on February 2, 2012.
- "La Marque Pre-K through 8th to keep standardized dress." Texas City Independent School District. Retrieved on July 1, 2016.
- "2008-09 Dress Code[permanent dead link]." La Marque Independent School District.
- Coleman, Adam (2016-01-15). "La Marque football post opened with district set to close". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- "Banister's dream short-lived". The Victoria Advocate. Associated Press. July 28, 1991. p. 2B. Retrieved October 20, 2014. - From Google News 9/34
- "Norm Bulaich Player Profile". DatabaseFottball.com. Archived from the original on December 31, 2013. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "L.J. Castile College Player Profile". University Of Houston Athletics. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "James Francis Player Profil". DatabaseFootball.com. Archived from the original on June 6, 2013. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "Ron Francis Player Profile". DatabaseFootball.com. Archived from the original on March 14, 2013. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Bio Page "." Washington Post.
- "Jared Perry 4". www.mutigers.com. University of Missouri. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Claude Terrell Player Profile". DatabaseFootball.com. Archived from the original on March 19, 2015. Retrieved March 9, 2014.