La Neuville-Chant-d’Oisel is a commune in the Seine-Maritime department in the Haute-Normandie region in north-western France.
A village of forestry and farming situated some 10 miles (16 km) southeast of Rouen, at the junction of the D 13, D 138 and the D 294 roads. The commune is on the border with the department of Eure.
Historical population of La Neuville-Chant-d'Oisel
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.
Places of interest
- A memorial to cyclist Jacques Anquetil, who lived here.
- The church of Notre-Dame, dating from the thirteenth century.
- The church of St.Austin dating from the sixteenth century at St.Austin.
- Two châteaux, at La Neuville and at Chant-d'Oisel.
- A house once owned by writer Guy de Maupassant.
- A seventeenth-century stone cross at the cross-roads.