La Romana International Airport
|La Romana International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional La Romana
|IATA: LRM – ICAO: MDLR|
|Owner||City of La Romana|
|Operator||Central Romana Corporation|
|Location||City of La Romana, La Romana Province, Dominican Republic|
|Elevation AMSL||213 ft / 65 m|
Source: Departamento Aeroportuario
La Romana International Airport (IATA: LRM, ICAO: MDLR) is an international airport located on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, adjacent to the tourist town of La Romana and the resort of Casa de Campo. It is located about 68 miles (110 km) from the capital, Santo Domingo. In 2008, 374,724 passengers passed through the airport.
The current airport opened in December 2000 and replaced an earlier La Romana airport with the same name and same IATA-code, which was located south of the Zona Franca, on the south western side of Casa de Campo, which was approximately at American Airlines flight from Miami, served by an Embraer ERJ-175, and a couple of American Eagle flights. The current single terminal is built in the style of an old sugar mill. The airport consists of a main terminal with 4 modern gates. It has facilities for passengers and for the maintenance of aircraft. This airport receives most of the private flights in the country, principally businessmen that come to La Romana for a vacation in Casa de Campo.. The former airport serviced, aside from private planes, one daily
Airlines and destinations
|Alitalia||Seasonal charter: Rome–Fiumicino|
|Air Berlin||Seasonal charter: Düsseldorf|
|Air Canada Rouge||Seasonal: Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson|
Seasonal: Québec City, Toronto–Pearson
|Blue Panorama Airlines||Bologna, Milan–Malpensa, Rome–Fiumicino|
|Gol Transportes Aéreos||São Paulo–Guarulhos|
|Hummingbird Air||St. Croix, St. Thomas|
|JetBlue Airways||New York–JFK|
|LOT Polish Airlines||Charter: Warsaw–Chopin|
|Meridiana||Milan–Malpensa, Rome–Fiumicino, Verona|
|Miami Air||Seasonal: Miami|
|Seaborne Airlines||San Juan|
|Servicios Aéreos Profesionales||Santo Domingo–Las Américas, Varadero|
|Sunwing Airlines||Seasonal: Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Seasonal charter: Kiev-Boryspil|
Accidents and incidents
- On 7 February 2008, a Caribair flight crashed close to La Romana, when the engines shut down. There were no fatalities although the pilot was injured in the accident. The aircraft was a Britten Norman Islander BN-2A, registered as HI-653, that departed from Cibao International Airport to Punta Cana International Airport via La Romana International Airport at 6 pm. There is a commission to investigate this accident.
- Departamento Aeroportuario – 2008 passenger statistics
- "Seaborne Airlines Introduces Service to Dominican republic". PR Newswire. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- L, J (30 December 2015). "Ukraine International Adds La Romana Charter Flights in Dec 2015/Jan 2016". Airline Route. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- La Romana International Airport
- Airport information for MDLR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for MDLR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for MDLR at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for LRM at Aviation Safety Network