La Rosita, Texas
|La Rosita, Texas|
|• Total||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|• Land||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||200 ft (61 m)|
|• Density||850/sq mi (280/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Zip Code||78584, 78582|
|GNIS feature ID||1852723|
La Rosita is located at(26.401682, -98.932100).
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,729 people, 435 households, and 394 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 538.3 people per square mile (208.0/km²). There were 537 housing units at an average density of 167.2/sq mi (64.6/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 94.68% White, 4.68% from other races, and 0.64% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 99.25% of the population.
There were 435 households out of which 65.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.7% were married couples living together, 15.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 9.4% were non-families. 9.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.97 and the average family size was 4.23.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 41.7% under the age of 18, 11.0% from 18 to 24, 27.3% from 25 to 44, 14.3% from 45 to 64, and 5.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 24 years. For every 100 females, there were 100.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.9 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $12,864, and the median income for a family was $13,125. Males had a median income of $12,273 versus $10,268 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $4,228. About 60.3% of families and 58.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 68.8% of those under age 18 and 33.3% of those age 65 or over.
Public education in the community of La Rosita is provided by the Roma Independent School District. Zoned campuses include Anna S. Canavan Elementary School (pre-kindergarten), R.T. Barrera Elementary School (grades K-5), Ramiro Barrera Middle School (grades 6-8), and Roma High School  (grades 9-12).
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 Census: Population of Texas Cities Arranged in Alphabetical Order - TSLAC".
- "La Rosita, Texas :: Boundary Map of La Rosita, Texas".
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010.
- "2009-2010 Roma ISD Elementary Boundaries" (PDF). Roma Independent School District. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "2009-2010 Roma ISD Middle School Boundaries" (PDF). Roma Independent School District. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2009-10-13.