La Storia (film)
|Directed by||Luigi Comencini|
|Produced by||Paolo Infascelli|
|Screenplay by||Suso Cecchi D'Amico|
|Story by||Elsa Morante|
|Music by||Fiorenzo Carpi|
|Cinematography||Franco Di Giacomo|
|Edited by||Roberto Missiroli|
|135 min. (theatrical version) |
270 min. (TV version)
La Storia ("History") is a 1986 Italian drama film directed by Luigi Comencini and starring Claudia Cardinale. It is based on the 1974 novel of the same name written by Elsa Morante. A shorter version of the film was released theatrically, while a 4 hours and a half version was broadcast in three parts on Rai 2 on December 1986. It premiered out of competition at the 43rd Venice International Film Festival, where Cardinale refused to appear, upset because the film had not been selected in the main competition.
This article needs a plot summary. (July 2015)
- Claudia Cardinale as Ida
- Francisco Rabal as Remo
- Andrea Spada as Useppe
- Antonio Degli Schiavi as Nino
- Lambert Wilson as Carlo/ Davide
- Fiorenzo Fiorentini as Cucchiarelli
- Tobias Hoesl as Günther
- Caroline Lang as Anita
- Anna Recchimuzzi as Mercedes
- Maria Teresa Albani as Wilma
- Silvana De Santis as Santina
- Stefano Pettinati (29 December 1988). "In poltrona: "La Storia" finisce". La Stampa (333). p. 31.
- Anna Maria Fusco (21 August 1986). "Perchè, il mio non è un film?". La Repubblica. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- Natalia Aspesi (9 September 1986). "La guerra l'amore il dolore". La Repubblica. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1980s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|