|Comun de La Val|
Comune di La Valle
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|• Mayor||Angelo Miribung|
|• Total||38.92 km2 (15.03 sq mi)|
|• Density||36/km2 (92/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Genesius|
|Saint day||August 25|
La Val (Italian: La Valle [la ˈvalle]; German: Wengen [ˈvɛŋɛn]) is a comune (municipality) in the province of South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 45 kilometres (28 mi) northeast of the city of Bolzano.
As of 30 November 2010, it had a population of 1,307 and an area of 39.0 square kilometres (15.1 sq mi).
The village lives of tourism (hiking, mountain climbing, mountain biking) and agriculture. There is no ski tourism, but in winter shuttle buses transport tourists to the nearby ski resorts such as Alta Badia. There are more guests in winter than in summer.
Whereas in earlier decades the agricultural economy was to a large degree self-sufficient, it has become meanwhile more of a monoculture based on cattle.
Down the valley at the Gran Ega river in Pederoa is a handicraft and industrial zone (shoes, textiles).
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: La Val
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La Val.|