La mujer de Judas
|La mujer de Judas|
|Created by||Martín Hahn|
|Written by||Martín Hahn|
Ana Teresa Sosa
|Directed by||Olegario Barrera|
Juan Carlos García
Astrid Carolina Herrera
|Opening theme||Me huele a soledad by MDO|
|Ending theme||Volver a Respirar by Jessica|
|Country of origin||Venezuela|
|No. of episodes||126|
|Executive producer(s)||Mariana Djuro|
|Producer(s)||Marco Godoy Ramirez|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||May 16 –|
December 7, 2002
|Preceded by||La niña de mis ojos|
|Followed by||Trapos íntimos|
La mujer de Judas (English:The Wife of Judas) is a Venezuelan telenovela created by Martín Hahn for RCTV in 2002. The telenovela lasted for 126 episodes and was distributed internationally by RCTV International.
A dark secret which was securely kept hidden after all these years, connects six friends, heiress Altagracia del Toro, her best friend, Juaca; her other friends Ricarda; Marina; Chichita and Laura. One fateful day, Altagracia will marry a man named Julian Morera for money and to spite her father. On the same day, a man tries to rape her friend, Laura in the basement of the wine distilleries owned by Altagracia's family. Her friends accidentally kills him in the impulse of anger. The girls realize too late what they had done. They are shocked to see their parish priest, Padre Sebastian witness their crime. He asks them to report what happened to the police, but they reject the idea. Padre Sebastian departs. Then the friends agreed to hide the corpse inside a wall, each of them leaving the basement in search for the priest, fearing, that he will tell the police. But when Altagracia found him, he was already dead inside the confession box of the church and with that she was incarcerated for that crime.
20 years later, Altagracia, now given the infamous nickname "La Mujer de Judas", was released from prison much to public outrage from the townspeople of Carora. An aspiring reporter Gloria Leal along with her friends from the university is trying to find a subject for their documentary which is their final requirement before graduation. Gloria was attracted to uncover the mystery of "La Mujer de Judas" and wants to uncover if Altagracia was innocent all along. The idea was met by anger by Gloria's mother, Juaca, but Gloria cannot be stopped. She befriended the Officer in Charge of Del Toro winery, Salomon. As days pass, they became more attracted to each other. As Gloria and her friends try to uncover the secrets of the past, a mysterious figure dressed in a wedding dress hiding behind a skull mask starts to terrorize the town. The figure earns the name "La Mujer de Judas". Altagracia was immediately blamed by the townspeople but the police realize that there is no evidence linking Altagracia to this mysterious figure. La Mujer de Judas tries to destroy evidence and kills people that knows the truth to the events 20 years ago. But who is hiding behind the mask of La Mujer de Judas and what is the killer's motive? Will love be enough for them to survive?
- Chantal Baudaux as Gloria Real / Gloria Rojas Del Toro
- Juan Carlos García as Salomón Vaisman
- Astrid Carolina Herrera as Altagracia Del Toro
- Luis Gerardo Nuñez as Marcos Rojas Paul
- Gledys Ibarra as Marina Batista
- Julie Restifo as Joaquina Leal/La Juaca
- Javier Vidal as Ludovico Agüero del Toro
- Dora Mazzone as Elda Chichita Agüero Del Toro
- Fedra López as Ricarda Araujo
- Kiara as Laura Briceño
- Albi De Abreu as Alirio Agüero del Toro
- Roberto Moll as Buenaventura Briceño
- Karl Hoffman as Ernesto Sinclair
- Ámbar Díaz as Petunia López-Redill
- Mirela Mendoza as Emma Brand Echenagucia
- Nacho Huett as Ismael Agüero Del Toro
- Estefanía López as Cordelia Araujo Ramírez
- Concetta Lo Dolce as Sagrario Del Toro Sinclair
- Sandy Olivares as Renato Fabiani "René"
- Alejandro Otero as Francisco Cañero "Pancho"
- Kareliz Ollarves as Micaela Bellorín
- Juan Carlos Tarazona as Padre Sebastián Rojas Paúl
- Freddy Aquino as Gabriel Perdomo
- Betty Ruth as Berenice Vda. Del Toro
- Elisa Stella as Isabel
- Virginia Vera as Santia Del Carmen
- Alberto Álvarez as Juan Vicente Del Toro
- Juan Carlos Gardié as Julián Morera
- Marcos Campos as Leoncio Araujo
- Deyalit López as Lila Álvarez
- Rhandy Piñango as Calixto
- Rodolfo Renwick as Simón Rojas Paúl
- Ileana Alomá as Ivonne Del Toro
- Marielena Pereira as Dulce
- Liliana Meléndez as Rebeca
- Omaira Abinadé as Tita
- Kristin Pardo as Carmen Rosaura Guerrero Maldonado
- Susej Vera as Lorena Plaza de Cañero
- Miguel Augusto Rodríguez as Pitercito
- José Quijada as Lcdo. Constantino Sosa
- "RCTV (2002), 130 capitulos La Mujer De Judas". vencor.narod. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- ""La mujer de Judas" persigue a Astrid Carolina" (in Spanish). ElUniversal. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "¿Recuerdas A La Protagonista De 'La Mujer De Judas'? Así Luce En La Actualidad A Sus 35 Años [Fotos]". noticiasaldiayalahora (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Asi lucen los actores de La mujer de Judas 13 anos despues". entornointeligente.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "La mujer de judas". seriesnow.com. Retrieved 4 March 2017.