La peste (TV series)
|Created by||Alberto Rodríguez |
|Written by||Rafael Cobos|
|Directed by||Alberto Rodríguez|
|Starring||Pablo Molinero |
Lupe del Junco
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Running time||50 minutes (approx.)|
|Production company||Atípica Films|
|Original release||January 12, 2018 –|
November 15, 2019
La peste (The Plague) is a Spanish historical drama television series created by Alberto Rodríguez and Rafael Cobos for Movistar+. It tells a crime story set in the 16th century Seville during an outbreak of the bubonic plague. The series premiered on 12 January 2018 on Movistar+'s VOD service and on #0. Before it first aired, on 30 September 2017, it was announced that it had been renewed for a second season, which premiered on 15 November 2019.
"During an outbreak of the bubonic plague in the magnificent Seville of 1597, Mateo, a former soldier, returns, honouring his word to find and extract a dead friend’s son from the city. Previously, Mateo had been forced to flee the city to save his life, having been sentenced to death by the Inquisition for printing forbidden books. Before he can complete his task, Mateo is arrested by the Inquisitor’s bailiffs, who promise to pardon his life in exchange for solving a series of crimes of diabolic overtones being committed in Seville."
- Pablo Molinero as the former printer Mateo Núñez 
- Sergio Castellanos as Valerio Huertas, the son of Mateo's late friend Germán Larrea 
- Paco León as Luis de Zúñiga
- Manolo Solo as Celso de Guevara
- Jesús Carroza as Baeza 
- Tomás del Estal as the physician Nicolás Monardes
- Antonio Gil as Morata
- Cecilia Gómez as Eugenia, a prostitute 
- Lupe del Junco as Leandra
- Patricia López Arnaiz as Teresa Pinelo, Señora Larrea 
- Nya de la Rubia as Carmen Gálvez, Azuaga's mistress
- Paco Tous as Teresa Pinelo's administrator
- Manuel Morón as Arquímedes 
- Victor Quintero as Quintero
- Antonio Dechent as Pedro Lanzas
- Julián Villagrán as the Flemish 
- Melina Matthews as Juana 
- Miko Jarry as Alejandro Dresdener, the Mint's treasurer
- Óscar Corrales
- Carlo D'Ursi as Enzo
- Ignacio Herráez as an inebriated
- Alejandro López Estacio as the assassin Carmona
- Alejandro Pantany as Teresa's guard
- Luis Callejo as Conrado
|1||"La palabra (The word)"||Alberto Rodríguez|
|2||"El pacto (The pact)"||Alberto Rodríguez|
|3||"El impresor (The printer)"||Alberto Rodríguez|
|4||"El esclavo (The slave)"||Paco R. Baños|
|5||"El hijo (The son)"||Paco R. Baños|
|6||"El nuevo mundo (The New World)"||Alberto Rodríguez|
|7||"El nuevo mundo (The New World)"||Alberto Rodríguez|
|12||"El viejo mundo (The Old World)"||David Ulloa|
- "Histórico: 'La Peste', primera serie en la Sección Oficial del Festival de San Sebastián". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Titania Compañía Editorial, S.L. 28 July 2017. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- Medina, Marta (30 September 2017). "'La peste': asesinatos, prostitución y epidemias en la Sevilla del Siglo de Oro". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Titania Compañía Editorial, S.L. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Arroyo, Mercedes (15 November 2019). "'La Peste': todo sobre la segunda temporada de la serie". Diez Minutos (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- "La peste" (in Spanish). San Sebastián International Film Festival. Retrieved 5 September 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Moviestar+ La Peste". elespanol.com. 2019.
- D.M. (12 September 2018). "Casting para la serie 'La peste' que se rodará en Cuevas". Diario de Almería (in Spanish). Joly Digital. Retrieved 15 September 2018.