Laag (TV series)
Title screen of the serial
|Written by||Rauf Khalid|
|Directed by||chandan yadav|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of episodes||27|
|Running time||~35 minutes|
|Original release||1998 – 2000|
Laag (Urdu: لاگ) was a 1998 Pakistani action crime drama serial, run by PTV between 1998-2000. Its story was based on the issues of Kashmir and mostly shot in Pakistan administered part of Kashmir. Serial was written, directed and produced by Rauf Khalid.
Huraira is a child from a family which struggles to get by in Indian Administered Kashmir. In an attack planned by infamous gang lord Kaku Lala, all of Huraira's siblings are killed. Huraira is lucky enough to escape and is found by an Indian couple. The couple raise him as "Kehlash", and he leaves his former identity behind. However, he is haunted by his past when he grows into a man and witnesses hostile elements in the state Army.
- Rauf Khalid as Kailash Agarwal/Huraira
- Zeba Bakhtiar as Bisaal Indaraabi
- Nadia Khan as Safia
- Fareedullah as Waleed Abdullah
- Azra Aftab as Amma
- Sohail Asghar as Kaku Lala
- Nayyar Ejaz as Major Kaali Das
- Nirma as Squadern Leader Sheetal Kaali Das
- Rashid Mehmood as Moomal
- Lateef Arshad
- APP 25 November 2011 (2011-11-25). "Prominent writer, actor, Rauf Khalid dies in road accident | Entertainment". Dawn.Com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.