Laban Hrad Vidyapith
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Laban Hrad Vidyapith (লবণহ্রদ বিদ্যাপীঠ) for Boys (Higher Secondary) is a Bengali medium school, situated in Salt Lake City, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, India. Founded on January 21, 1980, the school is affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
The motto of the school is Sraddhaban Lavate Gyanam ("Receive Knowledge with Respect"). The school opened with facilities till Class X (Madhyamik). In 1986, the school added a new building and extended to Higher Secondary (class XI and XII) in Science and Arts streams.
The school was inaugurated by Prasanta Sur, the minister-in-charge for Salt Lake Plan. The first secretary of the advisory board of the school was Mr. Subhas Chakraborty, the Honorable Minister of Youth Welfare and Sport Ministry of West Bengal government.
The school first opened as a co-educational school. In 1981, the school was split up, and the campus at Block AD was converted into boys' only, and a new campus was opened at Block EC, also in Sector I, Saltlake City, as Laban Hrad Vidyapith for Girls.
The school uniform is sky-blue shirt and navy blue half-pants and trousers with optional tie.
- "Affiliated Schools Malda". WBBSE. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "ClickSaltLake - A complete Information Portal on Salt Lake City (Bidhannagar), Calcutta, India". Clicksaltlake.info. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-23. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- "Security Check Required". Facebook. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Laban Hrad Vidyapith - Salt Lake City". Wikimapia.org. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Yahoo! Groups". Groups.yahoo.com. 2006-02-05. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Ibibo Group - Largest Online Travel Company". Lhvfbkolkata.ibibo.com. Retrieved 2017-02-22.