|Municipality of Labason|
Map of Zamboanga del Norte with Labason highlighted
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Norte|
|Founded||August 12, 1947|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Eddie Quimbo|
|• Vice Mayor||Virgilio Go|
|• Electorate||24,067 voters (2016)|
|• Total||169.58 km2 (65.48 sq mi)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)65|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||45,348,267.53 (2016)|
|Native languages||Subanon language|
Labason, officially the Municipality of Labason, is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 41,357 people.
Labason's commercial buildings have improved over the past years.
Murcielagos Island is within the municipal jurisdiction of Labason.
In 1959, the sitios of Bacong, Gabong, Pitawe and Banga-an were constituted into the barrio of Pitawe.
Labason is politically subdivided into 20 barangays.
|Population census of Labason|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Zamboanga del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "R.A. No. 2104, An Act Creating the Barrio of Pitawe in the Municipality of Labason, Province of Zamboanga Del Norte". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Zamboanga del Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|