Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up label or labelling in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A label is any kind of tag attached to something so as to identify the object or its content. It may refer to:
- Clothing label, referring either to a clothing brand, or to a physical tag on clothing
- Museum label, for exhibitions in museums
- Packaging and labelling, in industry
Entertainment and media
- Record label, a brand and a trademark associated with the marketing of music recordings and music videos
- Labels, a 1930 travel book by Evelyn Waugh
- "Labels", a song by GZA on the album Liquid Swords
- Labels, a French record label created by Virgin Records, later a division of EMI Music France absorbed now into Warner Music.
Science and technology
- Automatic label placement, computer methods of placing labels automatically on a map or chart
- Label (command), a shell command
- Label (control), a component of user interfaces
- Label (programming language)
- The parts of a domain name that are not "dots"
- In machine learning, a label is a desired output for a given input in a dataset
- Revision tag, a textual label associated with a specific revision of a project
- Isotopic labeling, a technique for tracking the passage of a sample of substance through a system
- Labeling theory, or social reaction theory, a theory in sociology which ascribes labelling of people to control and identification of deviant behavior
- Mental disorder
- Label (heraldry), a charge closely resembling the strap with pendants which, from the saddle, crossed the horse's chest
- Clothing label (disambiguation), referring either to a clothing brand, or to a physical tag on clothing
- Label, an older term for a long thin device, in particular, a ruler as on an astrolabe, circumferentor, or similar instrument
- Label, in law, may mean to amend, append, or codicil
- Label mould or hood mould, architectural moulding above windows to throw-off rainwater
- Labeling (map design), or cartographic labeling, a form of typography and strongly deals with form, style, weight and size of type on a map
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Label.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.