Laburnum For My Head
|14 November 2009|
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
|Preceded by||These Hills Called Home: Stories From A War Zone|
- Laburnum For My Head. A strange obsession of a woman for laburnum flowers. Unable to successfully grow a laburnum plant on her garden during her lifetime, she wants to have one over her grave.
- Death of a Hunter. A brave hunter, Imchanok, totters when the ghost of his prey haunts him, till he offers it a tuft of his hair as a prayer for forgiveness.
- The Boy Who Sold an Airfield. Pokenmong, the servant boy, by dint of his wit, sells an airfield to unsuspecting villagers.
- The Letter. A letter found on a dead insurgent blurs the boundaries between him and an innocent villager, both struggling to make ends meet.
- Three Women. A woman's terrible secret comes full circle, changing her daughter's and granddaughter's lives as well as her own.
- A Simple Question. An illiterate village woman's simple question rattles an army officer and forces him to set her husband free.
- Sonny. A young girl loses her lover in his fight for the motherland, leaving her a frightful legacy.
- Flight. A caterpillar finds wings.
- Sahitya Akademi Award for English - December, 2013