Location within La Jacques-Cartier RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||July 1, 1855|
|• Mayor||Louise Brunet|
|• Federal riding||Portneuf—Jacques-Cartier|
|• Prov. riding||Chauveau|
|• Total||64.00 km2 (24.71 sq mi)|
|• Land||61.27 km2 (23.66 sq mi)|
|• Density||118.8/km2 (308/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||19.7%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Postal code(s)||G3B 0A1|
|Area code(s)||418 and 581|
|Highways||No major routes|
Lac-Beauport is a town in the Capitale-Nationale region of Quebec, Canada, located on the eponymous Lake Beauport. It has a population of about 7250 people, and lies about 25 kilometres north from downtown Quebec City.
Lac-Beauport is the home of Le Relais ski center.
Around 1820, a small cluster of homes was built on the present site of the municipality, named Waterloo Settlement by the English immigrants after the Anglo-Prussian victory at Waterloo. In 1845, the Municipality of St-Dunstan was formed, named after the local parish of Saint-Dunstan-du-Lac-Beauport. It was abolished in 1847, but reestablished as the Parish Municipality of Saint-Dunstan-du-Lac-Beauport in 1855. In common use, it was only known as Lac-Beauport, prompting the town council to officially change the name in 1989.
|Historical Census Data - Lac-Beauport, Quebec|
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 2619 (total dwellings: 2815)
- English as first language: 1.5%
- French as first language: 96.7%
- English and French as first language: 0.7%
- Other as first language: 1.1%
- "Lac-Beauport (Municipalité)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2010-04-20.
- Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire - Répertoire des municipalités: Lac-Beauport
- Statistics Canada 2011 Census - Lac-Beauport census profile
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
Media related to Lac-Beauport at Wikimedia Commons