Lac La Martre
|Lac La Martre|
|Max. length||76 km (47 mi)|
|Max. width||25 km (16 mi)|
|Surface area||1,776 km2 (686 sq mi)|
|Average depth||9.1 m (30 ft)|
|Max. depth||19.8 m (65 ft)|
|Surface elevation||265 m (869 ft)|
|Frozen||Mid October to mid June|
Lac La Martre, is the third largest lake in the Northwest Territories, Canada. It is located approximately 201 km (125 mi) northwest of the territorial capital of Yellowknife. The Tłı̨chǫ community of Whatì (formerly called Lac La Martre) is located on the east shore of Lac La Martre.
- "Principal lakes, elevation and area, by province and territory". Statistics Canada. February 2, 2005. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- "World Lake Database (Lakes in Canada)". Archived from the original on March 14, 2016.
- "Lac la Martre". www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca. The Canadian Encyclopedia. Archived from the original on May 24, 2021. Retrieved May 24, 2021.
- "The Fishing - at Lac La Martre". Lac LA Martre. Lac La Martre Adventures. Archived from the original on May 24, 2021. Retrieved May 24, 2021.
- The Atlas of Canada – Lakes
- Discover North - Lac La Marte