Laceys Creek, Queensland
|Population||278 (2016 census)|
|• Density||3.092/km2 (8.009/sq mi)|
|Area||89.9 km2 (34.7 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
|State electorate(s)||Pine Rivers|
The locality takes its name from the creek. The creek in turn was originally called Bullon Creek, but later changed to Leacys Creek, referring to John Leacy, the selector of Portion 117A, Parish of Samsonvale, on 17 April 1879. The current name is a corruption of Leacys.
Upper North Pine Provisional School opened in late 1880. On 1 January 1909 it became Upper North Pine State School. It closed on February 1942.
Lacey's Creek Provisional School opened on 1 January 1898. On 1 January 1909 it became Lacey's Creek State School. It closed on 25 August 1963.
In the 2011 census, Laceys Creek recorded a population of 245 people, 45.7% female and 54.3% male. The median age of the Laceys Creek population was 41 years, 4 years above the national median of 37. 84.2% of people living in Laceys Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 4%, Germany 1.2%, Hungary 1.2%, New Zealand 1.2%, Papua New Guinea 1.2%. 95.5% of people spoke only English at home; 2% of people spoke Hungarian at home.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Laceys Creek (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Laceys Creek – locality in Moreton Bay Region (entry 49845)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- "Laceys Creek – watercourse in the Moreton Bay Region (entry 18714)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Laceys Creek (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Welch, Melva A; Lindenberg, Maude; Pine Rivers (Qld.). Council (1999), Laceys Creek, Pine Rivers Shire Council, ISBN 978-0-9577523-0-6
|This South East Queensland geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|