A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Towson, Maryland, United States|
|Genres||Pop / EDM / Singer Songwriter / Fiction|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, Singer, songwriter, Producer, Author|
|Instruments||Piano, Vocals, Guitar|
|Labels||EMI/Caroline Distribution Lifted House/Sony Music Entertainment|
Lachi is a vocalist, songwriter, composer, producer and author based in New York City. Having released, cowritten or collaborated on numerous albums and singles, Lachi's music is often described as Pop, EDM, or Singer Songwriter.
Daughter of Author and Professor Dr. Marcellina Offoha, Lachi began writing songs and short stories at an early age. Lachi has a congenital visual impairment, Coloboma of the retina causing legal blindness.
Lachi attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she created the all female a cappella group The UNC Cadence. She then moved to New York City to embark upon her music and writing careers while studying Music at New York University. Apart from obtaining side music gigs, Lachi worked at the New York District's United States Army Corps of Engineers.
Lachi was spotted at a South by Southwest showcase by Fanatic Records/EMI-Caroline Distribution, who then signed her for one album. On July 27, 2010, her self-titled, alternative pop album Lachi was released. Songs from the album included single We Can Fly, which was featured on Oprah Radio, CW and NPR. During this time, Lachi performed at numerous high-visibility showcases, including PrideFest (Milwaukee), where she opened for Patti LaBelle.
Lachi then teamed up with Gary Pine to release "It's Our Time," a song she was commissioned to write for social music startup, Mixluv. She later flew to L.A. to record tracks with Trend Def Studios and in June 2015 released The Boss EP through Trend Def's Sony imprint. The EP, which forays into commercial Pop/Dance and Dubstep, houses the single "Boss" which found a prominent feature on Oxygen Networks's Bad Girls Club.
In August 2016, Lachi collaborated with Israeli World Music producer Zafrir Ifrach and Moroccan vocalist Maxime Karouchi to create the Mediterranean-infused EDM track Dalale. She again collaborated with Trend Def studios to co-write and co-produce the song "Rude" which features pop artist Kendra Black and hip hop veteran Snoop Dogg.
In 2017, Lachi teamed up with artist management firm Big Management and released the EDM Hip Hop crossover track "Living A Lie" featuring Styles P. Lachi then collaborated with Markus Schulz on a song titled "Far" which Schulz placed on his 2018 Trance music album, We Are The Light. 
|Such A Fool
|It's Our Time
|The Boss EP
|The Selfish Release
|Rude ft Kendra Black and Snoop Dogg
|Living A Lie ft Styles P
|Namaste with Julian Javan
|Far with Markus Schulz
|The Ivory Staff
- Maine, David (Nov 14, 2010). "Lachi". Pop Matters. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- Marino, Layla (Sep 1, 2017). "Lachi's Ravey Dubstep with Living A Lie". YourEDM, Artist Spotlight.
- "BAM Cafe Life 2014-15". Brooklyn Academy of Music. Jan 1, 2015.
- "Lachi, Transversing Expectations". Attribute Magazine. July 4, 2008.
- "FastMed Chapel Hill Sponsors Cadence at UNC Chapel Hill". FastMed. 2015.
- Rosencrans, Nick (Nov 2015). "It's Our Time". The Clef: Mu Beta Psi Quarterly Publication.
- "Lachi - Living A Lie". EKM.co. Aug 30, 2017.
- https://www.allmusic.com/artist/lachi-mn0002030697. Missing or empty
- "Lachi". AllMusic.
- Brown, Janice (May 5, 2010). "NYC's Fanatic Records signs Shunda K, Lachi and Red Wanting Blue". The Sonic Scoop.
- " "We Can Fly". Hype Machine.
- Ashwong, Derek (July 31, 2010). "The Derek Ashwong Experiencee". Oprah Radio.
- "Power Rock Groups Pillow Theory And Lachi to Perform at Mercury Lounge". Top 40 Charts. Jan 26, 2011.
- "Lachi". NPR.org. Aug 10, 2010.
- Hammel, Cailley (June 9, 2010). "A Proud Line Up of Entertainment". The Journal Sentinel.
- "Lachi - "It's Our Time" (Video)". Above Average Hip Hop. Nov 29, 2015.
- "The Boss". The Nigerian Voice. May 17, 2015.
- "The Boss". Rude Boy LifeStyle Magazine. June 8, 2015.
- Edoro, Ainehi (Feb 24, 2016). "Interview with M. Lachi on Fantasy, Storytelling and Empowerment". The Brittle Paper.
- "NYC Recording Artist, Israeli Producer and Moroccan Vocalist Churn Out International Dance Video". Celebs Fans Reviews. Aug 30, 2016.
- "Snoop Dogg collaborator Kendra Black premiere's new video". AXS.
- Karpan, Andrew (Feb 13, 2017). "Snoop Dogg is back and banging, gets "Rude" with Kendra Black". Pop Dust.
- Johnson, Victoria (Oct 2, 2017). "Lachi Talks Working With Styles P and Wanting Her Music to Be Heard on a Marvel Soundtrack [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]". The Urban Twist. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- Johnson, Victoria (Aug 24, 2017). "Styles P Raps About 'Living a Lie' in Pop Singer Lachi's EDM Song [EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE]". The Urban Twist. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- Kompaneck, Chris (Sep 11, 2017). "On The Culture Front:Music from the Underground, Part 13". The Huffington Post.
- White, Nick (Oct 6, 2018). "Markus Schulz Announces 'We Are The Light' Confirms Release Date, Track List & Next Single". EDM Sauce.