Terrell, Texas, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, comedian, podcaster|
|Known for||A Black Lady Sketch Show|
|Scam Goddess (podcast)|
Laci Mosley is an American actress, comedian, and podcaster. She performs improv comedy at UCB Los Angeles and co-starred in the Pop comedy series Florida Girls. Mosley is best known for her podcast Scam Goddess, which focuses on historical and contemporary scams and cons. In 2021, Mosley joined the cast of HBO's A Black Lady Sketch Show and the iCarly revival series.
Mosley's first lead acting role was on the 2019 Pop series Florida Girls, which was cancelled after one season despite an initial renewal. She has also acted in supporting roles on Single Parents, Insecure, and The Wedding Year. She is set to star in the upcoming digital series Scroll Wheel of Time on Eko.
In 2021 she joined the main cast of A Black Lady Sketch Show's second season. That year, she was also cast in the main role of Harper in the iCarly revival. Since the announcement of her casting, Mosley has been the target of unwarranted racist attacks from fans who saw her as a replacement for Jennette McCurdy's character from the original. Writer Franchesca Ramsey tweeted in response, ""Laci's character Harper isn't replacing Sam. No one could replace Jennette McCurdy or her incredible talent! But it’s both racist as hell & completely unfair to decide that Laci hasn’t earned her role especially since the show isn’t even out yet!!"
Mosley performs improv and sketch comedy at UCB in Los Angeles and performs a show called #TrapProv with her comedy partner Priscilla Davies. She is a member of UCB's initiative Project Rethink that started in 2020, which works to address systemic racism within the organization.
In September 2019, she created the podcast Scam Goddess, produced by Earwolf, where she discusses historic and modern cons with other comedian guests. The name comes from a moniker given to her by the hosts of The Daily Zeitgeist podcast due to her frequent internet research on scam and fraud cases. Topics covered include the Fyre Festival and Hilaria Baldwin's claims that she is of Spanish descent. The podcast was recommended by Vox and Vulture. Sean Malin of Vulture wrote in positive review, "Mosley is whip-fast with jokes, upstaging and amusing even her funniest guests with zingers." In October 2020, the podcast was picked up for co-production by Conan O'Brien's company Team Coco, alongside Earwolf.
- Porter, Rick (March 23, 2021). "'A Black Lady Sketch Show' Sets Return Date on HBO". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 23, 2021.
- Fernandez, Maria Elena (2019-08-07). "Florida Is Anything But a Joke for Florida Girls". Vulture. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- Petski, Denise (2018-09-26). "'Florida Girls': Laci Mosley, Melanie Field & Patty Guggenheim Join Laura Chinn In Pop TV Comedy Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2020-03-05). "Pop Pulls the Plug On 'Florida Girls', 'Best Intentions' & 'Flack', Raising Questions About Net's Scripted Future". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- "Wednesday's TV highlights: 'Single Parents' on ABC". Los Angeles Times. 2019-02-20. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- Cacich, Allison (July 10, 2019). "Laci Mosley Is the Breakout Star of Pop TV's New Comedy 'Florida Girls'". Distractify. Retrieved 2021-05-05.
- Petski, Denise (2019-09-11). "'Scroll Wheel Of Time': Bernard David Jones, Laci Mosley & Jerry Minor To Star In Eko Series; Full Cast Set". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- Schiffer, Zoe (2020-10-30). "The host of Scam Goddess is in for the long con". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- Haylock, Zoe (May 17, 2021). "iCarly Revival Defends New Star Laci Mosley From Racist Attacks". Vulture. Retrieved May 18, 2021.
- Stories, Local. "Meet Laci Mosley – Voyage LA Magazine | LA City Guide". Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- Wright, Megh (2020-06-18). "Improv Communities Demand Theaters Address Systemic Racism". Vulture. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- Editors, Vulture (2019-10-15). "Best New True-Crime Podcasts: 'Scam Goddess,' Brendan Dassey". Vulture. Retrieved 2020-04-13.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Editors, Vulture (2019-10-11). "This Week in True-Crime Podcasts: Brendan Dassey Talks". Vulture. Retrieved 2020-04-13.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Cardenas, Cat (2021-01-12). "On Texas Time: Laci Mosley, Comedian and Host of the Popular 'Scam Goddess' Podcast". Texas Monthly. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- Malin, Sean (2020-08-20). "Want to Try Scam Goddess? Start Here". Vulture. Retrieved 2020-08-23.
- Romano, Aja (2020-04-08). "18 podcasts to help you hold on to the outside world". Vox. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- Mosley, Laci [@DivaLaci] (August 26, 2021). "This is such a proud moment for me and @poppyrepublic as bi women seeing how happy this made the lgbtq+ fans, especially the young ones, was MAGICAL! Representation matters!! #icarly #iCarlyFinale" (Tweet). Archived from the original on August 26, 2021. Retrieved September 19, 2021 – via Twitter.