Lacrosse in Israel
|Lacrosse in Israel|
|Governing body||Israel Lacrosse Association|
|National team(s)||Men's national team |
Women's national team
- 1 Israel Lacrosse Association
- 2 Israel Premier Lacrosse League
- 3 International competition
- 4 Shabbat policy
- 5 References
Israel Lacrosse Association
|Affiliation||European Lacrosse Federation Federation of International Lacrosse|
The Israel Lacrosse Association (ILA) is the official governing body of lacrosse in Israel, and is a member of the Federation of International Lacrosse and the European Lacrosse Federation. It was founded to develop and promote lacrosse within Israel and strives to offer lacrosse to Israelis of all ages. Israel Lacrosse was founded in 2010 by Scott Neiss who previously served as an Executive for the National Lacrosse League, along with William Beroza and Howard Borkan. It was officially recognized by the Federation of International Lacrosse in April 2011. Israel Lacrosse COO David Lasday directs grassroots youth lacrosse expansion utilizing the status and influence of National Team players to develop the sport throughout Israel 
Israel Premier Lacrosse League
The Israel Premier Lacrosse League (IPLL) is the premier lacrosse league in Israel, which debuted in 2015. The league competes during summer months only, in an attempt to attract players from abroad to participate.
The IPLL had four teams in the 2015 season before expanding to six in 2016, which were:
|Ashdod LC||N/A||4th||2016 expansion team|
|Ashkelon LC||3rd||3rd||Third official club - |
|Barak Netanya LC||1st||5th||Second official club|
|Be'er Sheva LC||N/A||1st||2016 expansion team|
|Haifa LC||2nd||2nd||First official club|
|Kiryat Gat LC||N/A||6th|
|Tel Aviv LC||4th||N/A||Fourth official club, suspended operations after 2015.|
There are six stadiums used by the IPLL which are:
|Ashdod Sport Club||Ashdod|
|New Municipal Stadium||Ashkelon|
|Mikha Reisser Field||Be’er Sheva|
|Kiryat Gat Synthetic||Kiryat Gat|
|Wolfson Fields||Tel Aviv|
The 2015 season was the inaugural season of the IPLL. Barak Netanya LC won the IPLL Championship with a win over Haifa LC, with Bryan Hopper winning the EL AL Player of the Game award. A total of 16 games were played, with each team playing eight games.
|1||Barak Netanya LC||8||6||2|
|4||Tel Aviv LC||8||1||7|
The 2016 season of the IPLL was their second season. Tel Aviv LC decided to suspend operations for the 2016 season, however Ashdod LC, Kiryat Gat LC, and Be'er Sheva LC joined the league for the 2016 season. A total of 22 games were played, with each team playing either seven or eight games.
|1||Be'er Sheva LC||7||6||1||68:53||6|
|5||Barak Netanya LC||7||1||6||45:75||1|
|6||Kiryat Gat LC||8||1||7||44:78||1|
|1||Be'er Sheva LC||7||6||1||77:64||6|
|4||Barak Netanya LC||7||4||3||67:54||4|
|8||Kiryat Gat LC||7||1||6||46:65||1|
European Lacrosse Championships
World Lacrosse Championships
Women's European Lacrosse Championships
Women's Lacrosse World Cup
The ILA has a consistent position of not playing or scheduling games on the Shabbat. Israel Lacrosse released a statement saying: “As a new sport to Israel it is imperative . . . we cannot ignore that reasonably large percentage of our nations’ people, our teams’ players and our associations’ members would be offended if we took the field on Shabbat." The organization has stated that the policy is a national identity issue, not a religious issue.
- Bridging Gaps Through Lacrosse
- "Country List". Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "About Us : Israel Lacrosse". Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Israel Lacrosse Granted FIL Membership
- ROSEN TABBED ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH FOR ISRAEL LACROSSE NATIONAL TEAM
- "Israel Lacrosse Granted FIL Membership". Federation of International Lacrosse. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- Israel Premier Lacrosse League Set for 2015 Launch Archived 2016-08-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- IPLL Announces 2015 Schedule
- "ISRAELI PLAYERS". Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Ashdod Announced as IPLL Expansion Club
- Ashkelon officially joins the Premier League
- Israel Premier League announces new club in Netanya
- Be’er Sheva joins IPLL for 2016 season
- Israel Premier Lacrosse League to begin play in Summer 2015
- Barak Netanya claims IPLL crown
- 2015 Standings
- Schedule / Results
- Schedule / Results
- "Israel qualifies for 2014 World Lacrosse Championship". Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Hudes, Sammy. "Israeli lacrosse team qualifies for world championship". Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- McGran, Kevin (15 July 2013). "Women's lacrosse team from Israel ready to forfeit World Cup rather than play on Sabbath". The Star. Toronto. Retrieved 17 July 2013.