From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up lacuna in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lacuna (pl. lacunas or lacunae) may refer to:
- Lacuna (manuscripts), a missing section of text
- Lacuna (music), an extended silence in a piece of music
- Lacuna (linguistics), a lexical gap in a language
- Lacuna (law), the lack of a law or legal source addressing a situation
- Lacuna (histology), a small space containing an osteocyte in bone or chondrocyte in cartilage
- Lacuna (comics), a fictional Marvel Comics superhero
- The Lacuna, a 2009 novel by Barbara Kingsolver
- Lacuna, Inc., a fictional company in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Lacuna, a character in Xanth by Piers Anthony
- Lacunary function, in mathematics
- Jessie Lacuna, a Filipino swimmer
- Lacuna (film), a 2012 film
- Lacuna, a genus of molluscs in the family Littorinidae.
- Lacuna model, a tool for unlocking culture differences or missing "gaps" in text
- Lacunar amnesia, in psychology, amnesia about a specific event
- Lacunar stroke, an occlusion of a small cerebral artery to deep cortical areas
- Petrovsky lacuna, a region where the fundamental solution of a differential equation vanishes
- Lacuna Coil, an Italian hard rock/metal band
- Scientific lacuna, an unstudied area of science
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lacuna.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.