|Also called||VAZ 2170/2171/2172|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan
5-door station wagon
|Engine||1.6 L 98 hp (73 kW) I4
1.8 L 120 hp (89 kW) I4
5-speed automated manual
|Wheelbase||2,492 mm (98.1 in)|
|Length||4,350 mm (171.3 in)|
|Width||1,680 mm (66.1 in)|
|Height||1,420 mm (55.9 in)|
The Lada Priora is a compact car produced by the Russian automaker AvtoVAZ since March 2007. It is largely a restyled and modernised Lada 110 and replaced it in 2009. By May 16, 2012, 650,000 Prioras had been produced.
- VAZ-2170: base sedan (produced since March 2007);
- VAZ-2171 Universal: station wagon (produced since May 2009);
- VAZ-2172: 5-door hatchback (produced since February, 2008);
- VAZ-2172 Coupé: 3-door hatchback, based on the 5-door hatchback (limited production since 18 January 2010);
- VAZ-21708 Priora Premier: long-wheelbase version of the sedan, with an extra 175 mm Small-scale production by AvtoVAZ partner ZAO " Super Car ". Equipped with a 120 hp 1.8-liter VAZ-21128 engine (low volume production since the autumn of 2008)
Also, convertible versions are going to be produced in small numbers, according to the demand.
In June 2011, AvtoVAZ announced that they will offer soon a version with a 90 hp engine, the weight will be reduced by 39% compared to the 98 hp basic engine. The engine will be more long-lasting with up to 200,000 km mileage.
In August 2011 a new version named Lada Priora CNG was announced. It is powered by gasoline and Compressed natural gas (CNG). The fuel tank capacity is also 43 liter and the four gas tanks 96 liter. The range with gasoline is 580 km and 330 km with CNG.
Base Prioras come with standard driver's side airbag and electric power steering. Since May 2008, Lada Priora offers a «Lux» package, which includes passenger airbag (and more recently front side airbags), seat belt pretensioners in the front seats, ABS and parking sensors. In addition, some packages add standard air conditioning with climate control, integrated audio with bluetooth handsfree, heated front seats, automatic headlamps and rain sensor. In April 2010, an optional multimedia system was added to the options list, followed by a navigation system in early 2011. On the other hand, automatic transmission and electronic stability control are not offered.
The car received a 1.6l engine with 16 valves and new transmission, designed to transfer torque of 145 N·m and a box set of closed transmission bearings with extended lifespan.
Maximum speed of Priora 1.8 L is 190 km/h with acceleration of 0–100 km/h in 10 seconds.
Lada Priora 1.6 AMT (106 hp) equipped with automated manual transmission debuted in 2014. The AMT gearbox is made on the base of a standard five-speed manual transmission, but was supplemented with electric actuators and an electronic control unit of the ZF Group.
- "АВТОВАЗ прекратил выпуск Lada 111". Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Lada Priora получила модернизированный двигатель". auto.vesti.ru. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- ""АвтоВАЗ" выпустил двухтопливную Lada Priora". auto.vesti.ru. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- LADA PRIORA 1.8L СЕДАН
- "Production of Lada Priora AMT has started". Wroom.ru. 10 September 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lada Priora.|
|Lada, a brand of AvtoVAZ, car timeline, 1970–present|
|Samara / Sputnik||Samara|
|110 / 111 / 112|
|Off-road||Niva / 4x4||Taiga|