Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Kargil
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Chief Executive Councillor
Feroz Ahmad Khan, JKNC
since September 2018
|26 plurality voting|
In October 1993, the central Government of India and the state Government of Jammu and Kashmir agreed to grant each district of Ladakh the status of Autonomous Hill Council. This agreement was given effect by the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council Act, 1995. A hill council for Leh district was formed in 1995 and the council for Kargil district was formed in 2003.
The autonomous hill councils work with village panchayats to take decisions on economic development, healthcare, education, land use, taxation, and local governance which are further reviewed at the block headquarters in the presence of the chief executive councillor and executive councillors. The Ladakh Police continues to look after law and order while Administration of Ladakh looks after the judicial system, communications and the higher education in the districts.
The council has thirty members of which 26 are directly elected and four are appointed to represent women and minority communities. The council is led by a Chief Executive Councillor, who leads an executive committee of five members.
|Constituency No||Constituency Name||Name of Councillor|
|2||Bimbhat||SAYEED MOHD SHAH|
|3||Shargole||MOHD ALI FOKERFOO|
|4||Pashkum||KACHO MOHD FEROZ|
|5||Tai Suru||SYED ABASS|
|11||Kargil Town||MOHD ABASS ADULPA|
|14||Yourbaltak||KACHO AHMAD ALI KHAN|
|15||Silmoo||FEROZ AHMED KHAN|
|16||Choskore||NASIR HUSSAIN MUNSHI|
|18||Gund Mangalpur||SYED MEHDI|
|19||Saliskut||AGHA SYED HASSAN|
|21||Thangdumbur||SYED AHMAD RAZVI|
|22||Thasgam Thuina||ABDUL RAHIMAKHUNE|
|26||Stakchay Khangral||MOHD QASIM|
Members of the Executive Council
Here is a list of the members of the legislative council.
|1||Shri Feroz Khan||Hon’ble Chairman/Chief Executive Councilor|
|2||Aga Syeed Hassan Arman||Hon’ble Executive Councilor (Animal/Sheep/Horticulture)|
|3||Syeed Abbas Razvi||Hon’ble Executive Councilor (Works/FCS&CA)|
|4||Er. Phunchok Tashi||Hon’ble Executive Councilor (RDD/Tourism/Handicraft)|
|5||Mr. Mohsin Ali||Hon’ble Executive Councilor (Health/Revenue/Agriculture)|
- "Elsewhere it is part of 'Gupkar Gang' but in Kargil, National Conference is BJP's ally". The Indian Express. 19 November 2020. Retrieved 21 November 2020.
- "LAHDCK – Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Kargil | District Kargil, Government of Jammu & Kashmir | India".
- Bhan, Mona (11 September 2013). The Hill Council and the Healing Touch policy. Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series. p. 63. ISBN 9781134509836.
- "India". Allrefer country study guide. Archived from the original on 21 May 2011. Retrieved 21 August 2006.
- "Executive Councilors | District Kargil, Government of Jammu & Kashmir | India".