The community was located in Long Hollow, approximately 1.25 miles south of the Texas-Pulaski county line and about 1.75 miles northeast of Evening Shade. The Long Hollow church and cemetery are located about one-half mile south in Long Hollow and the historic Long Hollow school was located near the community site.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Ladd, Missouri
- Missouri Atlas & Gazetteer, DeLorme, 1998, First edition, p. 54, ISBN 0-89933-224-2
- Big Piney, MO, 15 Minute Topographic Quadrangle. USGS, 1943
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "Texas County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
|This Texas County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|