Ladies Major League Wrestling
|Founded||October 27, 1989|
|Style||Women's professional wrestling|
Ladies Major League Wrestling (LMLW) was an women's professional wrestling company that operated from 1989-1992. Their cards were promoted under the Wild Women of Wrestling (WWOW) name.
- 1 History
- 2 Championships
- 3 Alumni
- 4 See also
- 5 References
Howard Brody incorporated the Ladies Major League Wrestling, Inc. (LMLW) company on October 27, 1989. The promotion featured women wrestlers that had previously competed in the World Wrestling Federation, National Wrestling Alliance, American Wrestling Association, and Powerful Women of Wrestling promotions, along with several independent women wrestlers. Their matches, which were aired promoted under the "Wild Women of Wrestling" banner, were featured on the Universal Wrestling Federation television series and sold on home video.
LMLW World Championship
LMLW originally planned on having former WWF Women's Champion Wendi Richter face NWA United States Women's Champion Misty Blue Simmes to determine the first Ladies Major League Wrestling World Champion; however, Simmes and her troupe of wrestlers (including Linda Dallas and Kat LeRoux) turned down the offer to work for LMLW's initial taping. Instead, in April 1990, Bambi won the "Collision of Champions Battle Royal" to crown the first Ladies Major League Wrestling World Champion (also referred to as the Wild Women of Wrestling Champion).
After Bambi, Peggy Lee Leather, and Malia Hosaka missed their plane from a Ladies Professional Wrestling Association television taping in Las Vegas, NV to the LMLW taping in Key West, FL on November 30, 1990, booker Luna Vachon re-booked the LMLW tapings for the following evening (December 1, 1990) and had Bambi drop the LMLW World Championship to her. Leather and Hosaka were also punished by Luna's booking decisions at the taping.
|Bambi||1||April 1990||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||Defeated Candi Devine, Diane Von Hoffman, Heidi Lee Morgan, Judy Martin, Leilani Kai, Peggy Lee Leather, Penelope Paradise, Pink Cadillac, Rustee "The Foxx" Thomas, Sindy Paradise, and Wendi Richter in a battle royal to win the championship.|
|Luna Vachon||1||December 1, 1990||Pompano Beach, Florida|
|Bambi||2, 3||1991||Bambi regained the championship from Luna but dropped it on another occasion before regaining it for her third reign.|
LMLW International Championship
Peggy Lee Leather held the Ladies Major League Wrestling International Championship, but as a result of missing her flight to an LMLW taping on November 30, 1990, she was forced to lose it to Rockin' Robin on December 1, 1990.
|Peggy Lee Leather||1||April 1990||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Rockin' Robin||1||December 1, 1990||Pompano Beach, Florida|
LMLW Florida Championship
Malia Hosaka held the Ladies Major League Wrestling Florida Championship (also billed as Ladies Major League Wrestling Junior Championship) and lost it to Penelope Paradise on the same night when Bambi and Peggy Lee Leather also dropped their titles.
|Malia Hosaka||1||April 1990||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Penelope Paradise||1||December 1, 1990||Pompano Beach, Florida|
LMLW Tag Team Championship
|The Glamour Girls (Leilani Kai and Judy Martin)||1||1990|
WWOW Television Championship
Luna Vachon held the Wild Women of Wrestling Television Championship.
The organization also recognized Wendi Richter as the World Champion/Universally Recognized Champion (separate from the LMLW World Championship), Candi Devine as the North American Champion, Peggy Lee Leather as the Southern States Champion, Heidi Lee Morgan as the Northeastern Champion, Bambi as the Georgia Champion, Penelope Paradise as the Florida Champion (separate from the LMLW Florida Championship), Sindy Paradise as the Caribbean Champion, Diane Von Hoffman as the European Champion, Rustee "The Foxx" Thomas as the Virginia Commonwealth Champion, and Sheila Fox as the Australian Champion.
Cadillac Pink was recognized as the 1989 Rookie of the Year.
- Angie Maurin
- Ariel Dee (Denise Klimowicz)
- Babyface Nellie
- Bambi (Selina Majors)
- B.J. Calhoun
- Brenda Lee
- Cadillac Pink (Tina Smith, also referred to as Pink Cadillac)
- Candi Devine (Candace Rummel)
- "Dirty" Debbie Drake (Debbie Killian, aka Debbie Malenko)
- Diane Von Hoffman
- Heidi Lee Morgan
- Joanne McCartney
- Judy Martin (Judy Hardee)
- Kat LeRoux
- Leilani Kai (Patricia Schroeder)
- Luna Vachon (Gertrude Vachon) (also backstage interviewer)
- Malia Hosaka
- Misty Blue Simmes (Diane Syms)
- Peggy Lee Leather
- Penelope Paradise (Kim Ollis-Sacks)
- Rockin' Robin (Robin Smith)
- Rustee "the Foxx" Thomas
- Sheila Fox
- Sindy Paradise
- Taylor Made (Terri Poch)
- Tina Moretti (Lisa Moretti)
- Vivan St. John
- Wendi Richter
- The Glamour Girls (Leilani Kai and Judy Martin with Abdullah Farouk, Jr.)
- The Mystics (Spectre and Banshee)
- The Power Team (Heidi Lee Morgan, Sindy Paradise, and Taylor Made)
Other on-air talent
- Abdullah Farouk, Jr.
- Dick Slater
- Bill Cardille
- Bruno Sammartino
- Hornbaker, Tim. National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly That Strangled Pro Wrestling, p.362.
- "Swimming with Piranhas: A preview of the upcoming book II". SLAM! Sports. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- "Saying farewell to my friend Luna". SLAM! Sports. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- "Wrestling Tidbits". RSPW. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- "Gunslinger Rap - Special Edition". Dory Funk. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- "Wild Women of Wrestling Collection". Online Sport. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- "Online World of Wrestling - Bambi Profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2010-10-16.