Ladies Night (Atomic Kitten album)
|Studio album by Atomic Kitten|
|Released||10 November 2003|
|Recorded||September 2002 – April 2003
The Motor Museum Studio
Wise Buddha Music Studios, etc.
|Producer||Rob Davis, Steve Robson, Alan Bellman|
|Atomic Kitten chronology|
|Singles from Right Now|
Ladies Night is the third studio album by English girl group Atomic Kitten released on 10 November 2003. "If You Come to Me" was released as the lead single from the album on 27 October 2003 followed by the second single "Ladies' Night" featuring Kool & the Gang, which was released on 15 December 2003. The third and final single "Someone like Me" was released on 29 March 2004 and was the group's official last single following the announcement of their indefinite hiatus, although the album version of the single only contains Liz McClarnon's vocals.
"Be with You" is featured on the album but not listed as a single from the album due to being released a year earlier as a double A-side single with "The Last Goodbye", which featured on the group's second album Feels So Good (2002). The album did not sell as well as their two preceding albums (which were both certified Double Platinum in the UK), but still reached number 5 on the UK Album Chart and achieved Platinum status.
Up until this album, Atomic Kitten mainly relied on songwriters and sometimes co-wrote a song however they decided that it was time to be directly involved in the creation of eight of the fifteen songs
In 2003 Kool & the Gang asked to collaborate with them for their Odyssey project which evolved into their 2004 compilation album The Hits: Reloaded because they wanted an updated version of "Ladies' Night" and were looking for a girl group to sing the lyrics Atomic Kitten liked the idea and inquired whether they could use it for their next album as well which was subsequently named Ladies Night in honor of this collaboration
The album and singles were less successful than previous releases "If You Come to Me" secured a number 3 position in the UK Singles Chart The album entered the UK Albums Chart at number 5 and was certified platinum remaining in the charts for 11 weeks Further singles; "Ladies Night" (featuring Kool & the Gang) and the double A-side "Someone Like Me"/"Right Now 2004" also made the UK top 10
The trio embarked on an arena tour in support of the album however they announced their plans to split once the tour was completed, effectively making Ladies Night their last studio album although the group have reformed since for occasional one-off performances and charity singles
The album sold 48,000 copies in its first week in the United Kingdom.
|Original UK release|
|1.||"Ladies Night"||Bell, Kool & the Gang||3:08|
|2.||"Be with You"||Carmen, Foster, Wilson, Lynne||3:38|
|3.||"Don't Go Breaking My Heart"||Frost, Thrupp, Ahmed, Ralph, Wright, Olawoyin||3:43|
|4.||"If You Come to Me"||Stannard, Gallagher, Murphy, Howes, Harrington||3:46|
|5.||"Believer"||Steinberg, Nowels, Lofgren||3:46|
|6.||"Everything Goes Around"||Frost, Griffiths, Griffiths||3:06|
|7.||"Somebody like You"||Hamilton, Davis, Howes, Harrington||3:57|
|8.||"Nothing in the World"||Robson, Poole, Verges||3:59|
|9.||"Always Be My Baby"||McClarnon, Barlow, Kennedy, Woodcock||3:20|
|10.||"I Won't Be There"||Hamilton, Barlow, Kennedy, Woodcock||3:53|
|11.||"Never Get Over You"||McClarnon, Davis||3:57|
|12.||"Don't You Know"||Davis, Howes, Harrington||3:24|
|13.||"Loving You"||Christensen, Pedersen, Dahlgaard, Degiorgio||3:11|
|14.||"Don't Let Me Down"||Frost, Howes, Harrington||3:40|
|15.||"Someone like Me"||McClarnon, Bell||2:09|
|Japanese edition bonus tracks|
|16.||"Eternal Flame" (single version)||Steinberg, Kelly, Hoffs||3:15|
|17.||"Whole Again" (2001 version)||McCluskey, Kershaw, Godfrey, Padley||3:05|
|18.||"The Tide Is High (Get the Feeling)"||Holt, Evans, Barrett, Padley, Godfrey||3:28|
|19.||"Good Times"||Nichols, Chapman, Frost||3:32|
|New Zealand||7 December 2003||3||Gold||7,500+|
|United Kingdom||November 2003||5||Platinum||519,871|
|Europe||29 November 2003||8|
|Austria||23 November 2003||10||Gold||15,000|
|Switzerland||23 November 2003||11|
|Ireland||13 November 2003||28|
|Japan||25 February 2004||166|
|Austria (IFPI Austria)||Gold||15,000*|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Gold||7,500^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||300,000^|
- Jon O'Brien (2003-12-02). "Ladies Night - Atomic Kitten | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- [dead link]
-  Archived 11 January 2005 at the Wayback Machine.
- CBBC Full interview: Atomic Kitten (Accessed: 26 September 2006)
- "Dido, Britney Rule European Charts". Retrieved 2010-08-27.
- "Atomic Kitten - Ladies Night (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. 2004-02-25. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- Rianz.org.nz Chart 8 February 2004 Accessed 2 November 2006
- "IFPI Austria - Verband der Österreichischen Musikwirtschaft" (in German). Ifpi.at. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "South Korea Database". Fan Of Music. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Discos de oro y platino" (in Spanish). Cámara Argentina de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Austrian album certifications – Atomic Kitten – Ladies Night" (in German). IFPI Austria. Retrieved 25 July 2012. Enter Atomic Kitten in the field Interpret. Enter Ladies Night in the field Titel. Select album in the field Format. Click Suchen
- "New Zealand album certifications – Atomic Kitten – Ladies Night". Recorded Music NZ.
- "British album certifications – Atomic Kitten – Ladies Night". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Ladies Night in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search