Ladue School District
The Ladue School District is a public school district in Ladue, Missouri, with four elementary, one middle, and one high school, with a special Fifth Grade Center. The district serves 4,180 total students, and employs 280 full-time classroom teachers. The total operating revenue is $49.9 mil. with $50.2 mil. operating expensses. Ladue spends $11,903 per student, and pays an average of $62,697 per teacher ($41,000-$101,542). According to Newsweek (June 19, 2011 issue), Ladue ranks in the top 2% of public schools in the nation. It serves an area encompassing 19 sq. mi. with more than 27,000 residents. It includes all or part of 10 communities including Ladue, Creve Coeur, Crystal Lake Park, Frontenac, Huntleigh, Olivette, Richmond Heights, Town and Country, Unincorporated St. Louis County, and Westwood.
- 1 Schools
- 2 References
- 3 External links
Ladue Horton Watkins High School
Ladue High School has 1,306 students in the 2013-14 school year. Ladue High School has a 99% graduation rate, of which 92% continue on to higher education in 2-4 year institutions. In standardized testing, Ladue scores above both the state and national average. Newsweek in 2013, ranked the public school 166th best in the nation (up from 188th in 2011-12), and first in Missouri (up from fourth).
- The Carnivore Club
- The Ladue Video Gaming Club: Founder - Atlee Solomon '09 
- Students Helping Children
- Student Council
- Model UN
- Mock Trial
- Gay-Straight Alliance
- Science Olympiad
- Ladue Hunger Outreach Project (HOP)
- Ladue Students Against Cancer (LSAC)
- Athletes for Athletes
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Blue crew
- Mu Alpha Theta (ΜΑΘ)
- Knowledge Masters
- Juggling Club
- Young Democrats Club
- Young Republicans Club
- Young Moderates Club
- Girls and boys swimming
- Water polo
- Field Hockey
- Ladue Hockey
- Cross Country
- Strolling Strings
- Wiffle Ball
- Marching band
- Student Coalition of Supporters of the USO
- Animal Rights Club
- Ladue Film Club
- Ladue Strolling Strings
- FIRST Robotics
- Superintendent: Dr. Donna Jahnke 
- Principal: Brad Griffith (effective July 1, 2013) 
- Associate Principal: Brad Griffith (left to become Principal effective July 1, 2013)
- Assistant Principal: Mike Tarpey
- Assistant Principal & Interim Athletics Director: Brian Garner
- Assistant Principal: Kurt Knoedelseder
- Les Blattner '54: investigative reporter and author, expert on airline and manned spacecraft safety
- Rod Susman '58: professional tennis star
- Jim Brown '58: politician and former Louisiana State Senator, Secretary of State and State Insurance Commissioner
- Andy Russell '59: Seven Time Pro Bowl NFL Football Player (Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Tom Houston '63 Deputy Mayor & Chief of Staff, City of Los Angeles
- Jimmy Kolker '66: US Ambassador (Uganda)
- Margaret Gillerman '70: journalist with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Bill Moll '74: Internationally respected Luthier and Voice Over Actor
- Marty Hogan '76: 5 time World Racquetball Champion
- Jasmine Huda '97: Local TV news reporter for KSDK Channel 5, and more recently KMOV Channel 4
- Justin Willman '98: actor, celebrity, magician and entertainer. Currently the host of Food Network's show Cupcake Wars
- Courtney Van Buren '98: Former American football player for the San Diego Chargers
- Victor Wang '13: USA IMO Team 2013, Gold Medal Winner at 54th IMO in Santa Marta, Colombia, July 18–28, 2013
- Runpeng Liu '13: USA ICHO Team 2013, Gold Medal Winner at 45th ICHO in Moscow, Russia, July 15–24, 2013
- Max Schindler '13: USA IOL Team 2013, Bronze Medal Winner at 11th IOL in Manchester, UK, July 22–27, 2013
Ladue Middle School
Originally called "East Ladue Junior High School," Ladue Middle School teaches children from sixth through eighth grades, total of 976 students in 2013-14. In May 2014 it was named National School of Character.
Ladue Fifth Grade Center
Built on property bought by the district in 1959 and used as a secondary middle school until 1980, when it was sold to the Westminster Christian Academy. In 2010, the property was re-purchased by the district to construct the Fifth Grade Center. Construction ended in time for its first semester in Fall 2013. In the 2015-2016 school year, there were 342 students enrolled.
All four Ladue Elementary Schools teach children in kindergarten through fourth grades.
Conway Elementary is located in Ladue, MO, with a total of 339 students in 2013-14. This school has the smallest number of students throughout the district.
Old Bonhomme Elementary
Located in the middle of Ladue near the cross-section of Ladue Road and McKnight Road, with a total of 421 students in 2013-14.
Spoede Elementary is located in Creve Coeur, on the west side of Spoede Road, with a total of 430 students in 2013-14. This school's mascot is a turtle.
- "Ladue Schools - District Overview (2013-2014)". Ladue Schools. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "2012 Ladue Schools Annual Report" (PDF). Ladue Schools. 2012. p. 7. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "Ladue Schools Acting Superintendent Decided" (PDF). Ladue Schools. December 3, 2012.
- "America's Best High Schools 2013". Newsweek. May 6, 2013. p. 7. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Dr. Donna Jahnke Appointed Ladue Schools Next Superintendent" (PDF). Ladue Schools. February 26, 2013. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Ladue Schools Appoints Griffith Principal of Ladue Horton Watkins High School" (PDF). Ladue Schools. March 12, 2013. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "LMS Named National School of Character | Spotlight On Ladue Schools". www.ladueschools.net. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "School History". www.ladueschools.net. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Ladue Schools - District Overview". www.ladueschools.net. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- Ladue Schools
- Ladue High School
- Ladue School District
- Ladue High School Alumni Association
- Ladue Schools - Overview
- 2012 Ladue Schools Annual Report