Wendy Clark, better known by her stage name Lady B, is an American rapper from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is one of the earliest female rappers in hip hop, and one of the first to record a studio album. She began her career with the WHAT radio station in 1979, and recorded her first single later that year, "To the Beat Y'all".
Music and radio career
In 1984, Lady B moved to Philadelphia's Power 99 FM and started the program, "The Street Beat," the program ran until 1989. She is now broadcasting for Sirius Satellite Radio in New York City, and WRNB 100.3. in Philadelphia.
- "WRNB's Lady B celebrates 30 years as hip-hop jump-starter". Philly.com. Philly.com. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Lady B at AllMusic
- Lady B discography at Discogs
- Lady B discography at MusicBrainz
- Lady B. and Chuck Chillout on STREET BEAT (video clip)
- Lady B dj info on WRNB 107.9 radio Philadelphia.
|This biographical article related to hip hop music in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|