Lady Gabriella Windsor
Lady Gabriella Windsor
Lady Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia Windsor
23 April 1981
St Mary's Hospital, London, England
|Alma mater||Brown University (BA, 2004)|
Linacre College, Oxford (MPhil, 2012)
|Occupation||Freelance feature writer|
|Parent(s)||Prince Michael of Kent|
Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz
Early life and education
Gabriella Windsor was born at St Mary's Hospital, London. She has an older brother, Frederick, born on 6 April 1979. She was educated at Queen's Gate School in London and Downe House School in Cold Ash, Berkshire. In May 2004, Gabriella graduated from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, with a BA degree in Comparative Literature. In 2012, she earned an MPhil degree in Social Anthropology from Linacre College, Oxford.
She is a Senior Director for Branding Latin America, a brand positioning platform that specialises in the region. She is also a writer and contributes to The London Magazine amongst others.
She is a Board Director for the Playing for Change Foundation, a global music and arts education nonprofit, and for Toucan Ventures, which supports the growth of creative entrepreneurs. Additionally, she has done projects in Latin America, including "teaching English in Rio de Janeiro and working on music events in Buenos Aires."
For three years in early 2000s, she dated journalist Aatish Taseer. The two met when she was an undergraduate at Brown University and he a graduate of Amherst College working for Time magazine. In 2018, he wrote a controversial article about his relationship with Lady Gabriella and the royal family for Vanity Fair.
Lady Gabriella's engagement to Bristol University graduate and financier Thomas Kingston was announced by Buckingham Palace in September 2018. Thomas's father is titled Martin Kingston Esq QC. Thomas and Lady Gabriella became engaged on the Isle of Sark in August 2018. The couple will marry in spring 2019.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page cxli.
- Hechinger, Paul. "10 Lesser-Known Members of the British Royal Family". BBC America. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- Furness, Hannah (19 September 2018). "Royal wedding number 3 as Lady Gabriella Windsor announces engagement". The Telegraph. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Friedman, Megan (19 September 2018). "Lady Gabriella Windsor, the Latest Royal to Get Engaged, Has a Pretty Controversial Family". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Taseer, Aatish (May 2018). "Race and the Royals: An Outsider's View Inside Kensington Palace". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "Martin Kingston Esq QC". The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
Full Title: Martin Kingston Esq QC
- Seward, Ingrid (November 2018). "Editor-in-Chief's Letter". Majesty. Vol. 39 no. 11. Archived from the original on 2018-11-07. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
Forty-year-old Tom, whose father is a Queen's Counsel...
- Perry, Simon (19 September 2018). "There Will Be Another Royal Wedding Next Spring — Lady Gabriella Windsor Is Getting Married!". People. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Gonzales, E. (19 September 2018). "The Royal Family Just Announced Its Third Royal Wedding in a Year". Harpers Bazaar. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
Lady Gabriella, 37, is second cousin once removed with Prince William
|Lines of succession|
| Line of succession to the British throne
granddaughter of George, son of George V
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|