Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Hon. Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong-Jones
14 May 2002
Portland Hospital, London, England
|Known for||Grandniece of Queen Elizabeth II, granddaughter of Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon|
|Relatives||Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley (brother)|
Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones (born 14 May 2002) is the only daughter and youngest child of the Earl and Countess of Snowdon. She is the only granddaughter of Princess Margaret and the first of three granddaughters of the 1st Earl of Snowdon. She is currently 22nd in the line of succession to the British throne, after her father and brother.
Lady Margarita was born on 14 May 2002 at The Portland Hospital for Women and Children in London, and is 22nd in the line of succession to the British throne as of June 2018[update]. She was christened Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne, named after her paternal grandmother, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, both of whom died shortly before her birth. Rose was, according to her father in an interview with Majesty Magazine, selected by her brother Charles. Alleyne is also one of her mother's middle names. Her godparents are Lady Sarah Chatto, her father's sister, and William Stanhope, Viscount Petersham, her maternal uncle.
At age 14, she attended her first society fashion show at the Dior Cruise show at Blenheim Palace. She and cousin and classmate Eloise Taylor, daughter of Lady Helen Taylor, modelled for the first time in a fashion show in aid of Kids Company, organised by Chelsea Ballet Schools.
- 1999–2017: The Honourable Margarita Armstrong-Jones
- 2017–present: Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
|Ancestors of Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones|
- Preston, Kahla (26 February 2018). "Meet Princess Margaret's granddaughter, Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones". MSN. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Pierce, Andrew (2002). "Margarita makes her debut". The Times. London , England. Retrieved 3 January 2007.
- Bloks, Moniek (15 January 2017). "Meet the new Earl of Snowdon". Royal Central. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Marsh, Stephanie (29 April 2011). "The bridesmaids and pageboys: it was their big day too". The Times. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Oliphant, Vickiie (20 December 2017). "Hasn't she grown up? Princess Margaret's granddaughter arrives for Christmas lunch". Express. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Mountford, Jane (1 June 2016). "Dior Cruise 17 Collection Video And Attendees: The Weeknd, Kiernan Shipka, Lady Kitty Spencer". Fashion Times. Archived from the original on 20 February 2017. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Fashion Show in Aid of Kids Company". Bystander. Tatler Magazine (UK). Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Who is Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones? – Royal Central". 2018-12-09. Archived from the original on 2018-12-09.
- "The Royal Fanzine: Royal Profile: The Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones". 2018-12-09. Archived from the original on 2018-12-09.
- Knightley, Emma; Michaels, Ashley (2017). Coco, Tatiana, ed. The Queen's Niece and Nephew (3 ed.). Archived from the original (Kindle) on 9 December 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- . The Daily Telegraph. 21 June 2015 https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/primaryeducation/11686282/Wendy-Challen-I-dont-want-programmed-robots-I-want-children-with-a-zest-for-life.html. Retrieved 19 February 2017. Missing or empty
- Caroline Davies, "Margarita Swings in To Steal Sandringham Show," a 25 December 2006 Telegraph
- An Online Gotha, a genealogy of the royal family of Great Britain.
Media related to Margarita Armstrong-Jones at Wikimedia Commons
Lady Margarita Armstrong-JonesBorn: 14 May 2002
|Lines of succession|
| Line of succession to the British throne
Lady Sarah Chatto