Lady Rose Gilman
|Lady Rose Gilman|
Rose Victoria Birgitte Louise Windsor|
1 March 1980
St Mary's Hospital, London, England
|Spouse(s)||George Gilman (m. 2008)|
Lady Rose Victoria Birgitte Louise Gilman (née Windsor; born 1 March 1980) is the younger daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and is 33rd in the line of succession to the British Throne as of June 2018[update].
Early life and education
Lady Rose was born at St Mary's Hospital, London, and at birth was 12th in line of succession to the British Throne. She was baptised on 13 July 1980 at St Andrew's Church, Barnwell, Northamptonshire. Her godparents included The Prince Edward and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones. She attended St George's School, Ascot and grew up at her parents' apartment in Kensington Palace.
Lady Rose works in the film industry as an art department assistant under the name Rose Windsor. She worked on the 2007 film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, as well as Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Margaret Thatcher: The Long Walk to Finchley, and the TV series Little Britain.
Marriage and children
The Lady Rose Windsor announced her engagement on 16 November 2007 to 26-year-old George Gilman, son of property developer Peter J. I. Gilman. They married on 19 July 2008 at Queen's Chapel, St. James's Palace in London. Apart from her immediate family, amongst those attending the wedding were The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, Peter and Autumn Phillips, Daniel and Lady Sarah Chatto and Catherine Middleton, who attracted media interest for attending without her then boyfriend, now husband Prince William.
Lady Rose and her husband have a daughter, Lyla Beatrix Christabel Gilman, born 30 May 2010, and a son Rufus Frederick Montagu, born 2 November 2012.
Until 26 March 2015, Rufus was ahead of Lyla in the line of succession to the British throne, as the monarchy's 300-year-old Act of Settlement gave sons priority over daughters. When the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 took effect in all Commonwealth realms in 2015, the siblings were affected by the change in law, which reversed Lyla's place in the order of succession with that of her younger brother. Lyla and Rufus became 31st and 32nd in line (now 34th and 35th), respectively. The same happened to their first cousins, Senna and Tāne Lewis, who became 28th and 29th in line (now 31st and 32nd).
|Ancestors of Lady Rose Gilman|
- Nikkah, Roya (19 July 2008). "Kate Middleton attends another royal wedding". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Royal wedding for Lady Rose Windsor". The Press Association. 19 July 2008.[dead link]
- Hechinger, Paul. "10 Lesser-Known Members of the British Royal Family". BBC America. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Court Circular". The Times. 17 November 2007. Archived from the original on 7 September 2008.
- Eden, Richard (24 May 2008). "Queen's cousin will refuse to say Hello!". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Succession". The British Monarchy. Archived from the original on 1 August 2013.
- Rayner, Gordon; Prince, Rosa (4 May 2015). "How Princess Charlotte's Birth Has Changed the House of Windsor Family Tree". The Telegraph. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
| Line of succession to the British throne
granddaughter of Henry, son of George V