The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Written by||Naoko Moto|
|Published by||Akita Shoten|
|Original run||1998 – 2007|
Lady Victorian (Japanese: レディーヴィクトリアン Hepburn: Redeī Vikutorian) is a manga series written and illustrated by Naoko Moto. The story is set in Victorian era. It is about the adventure of a young girl, Bluebell Lily Everrose AKA Bell, who comes to London to seek for a job as a governess. It was first published in 1998, in Princess.
When Bell comes to London, she hopes for a bright future. But fate plays trick on her. As she is working for an unpleasant family, a dead body is found in her bag and she is arrested. Fortunately, she is rescued by the kind Mr Noel Scott and Lady Ethel, whom she discovers later to be a man. After the incident, she comes across numerous events, which are either hilarious, dramatic and romantic.
- Bluebell Lily Everrose
- Also known as Bell, she is from a rural area of England. Her father was a missionary. After he died, she travels to London to seek for a job as a governess. She is lively, optimistic and romantic.
- Lady Ethel AKA Argent Gray
- After a marquis's daughter died, his wife became heartbroken. The marquis tried to cure her heart by finding a child to replace their daughter. He found Argent Gray in East End, trained the young boy as a lady and replaced their daughter with him. With grace and beauty, Argent becomes the society's top lady.
- But he has another facet. Every now and then, he dresses as a man and goes by the name Argent Gray, which is also his nom de plume as a novelist for Noel's magazine. When he is in this mode, he acts as an uncouth man who grew up in a slum. That does not hide his exceptional beauty, however, since he has long, noticeable silver hair and a pretty face.
- Noel Scott
- He runs a publishing house and a magazine for ladies. He tried to propose to Bell but he got rejected.
- Sir Martin
- Lady Ethel's brother. After 3 years of studying outside of the country, Sir Martin came back to London.
He first encountered Bell while she and her student went on a walk. Bell accidentally stomp on him. In the latest release of the manga. Sir Martin was hated by Lady Ethel.
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|This anime television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|