1968 45rpm dust cover
|Single by Gary Puckett & The Union Gap|
|from the album Incredible|
|Gary Puckett & The Union Gap singles chronology|
"Lady Willpower" is a song written by Jerry Fuller and recorded by Gary Puckett & The Union Gap for their 1968 album, Incredible. It is sung from the point of view of a man who is frustrated that the woman he is seeing will not agree to have sex with him. He promises, if she complies, to "shower [her] heart with tenderness," but it is also implicit that the relationship will end ("It's now or never") if she does not.
It ranked among Cash Box magazine's Top 100 singles of 1968, where it hit the #1 position the week ending August 3, 1968. The song was the #34 song on the Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles in 1968.
- Gary Puckett & The Union Gap charting singles Retrieved 09-26-11
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 442. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Murrells, Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie and Jenkins Ltd. p. 232. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- Cash Box Top Singles of 1968 Retrieved 09-26-11
- Billboard Top 100 Songs of 1968 Retrieved 09-26-11